Loyalty not allowed on new footy top

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Thomothehun, Jul 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay so most of you won't care about this but thought it might be interesting to read or know.. then again probably not.

As you can tell from my avatar I support Glasgow Rangers, I am protestant (my mother is Catholic and most of my family support Celtic) so not a bigot in any way shape or form, I am not in any way affiliated to the Crap in NI, Orange Lodge Knobs etc. I am proud to class myself as British as most Rangers fans are and love having HM as our Head of State.

Last week I ordered my 10/11 New home footy top, having waited for sometime 8 days for it to arrive, I rang the customer helpdesk asking where it was.

On speaking to the girl on the other end of the phone, she informed me my top would not be sent out with the printing on it as it was offensive to Celtic Fans.... And classed as biggoted!

Printing Says on top - THE QUEENS ( with the number 11 below) shows loyalty to the Crown in my eyes

We sing God Save the Queens and Rule Britainia at almost every match but god forbid having it on your footy top!

Maybe if we started chasing out Poppy Sellers and Help for Heroes collectors when they go to Ibrox like they do at the Piggery (Celtic Park to my English commrades) I could see the point!

Is nothing sacred!

2. Give us the number of the bird - and a name if you've got it. We'll see who's biggoted!

3. It was the customer services department at the Rangers Mega Store 0871 641 2295 feel free to call and vent your fury! LOL

4. How many did you order? Surely you'd need more than one so you can wash one whilst wearing the other. Maybe three so you can have a best one for Sundays? ;)

5. I only ordered 1 old chap not on pop star wages YET, but soon very soon... next year I'll buy the home and away one (If the long haired general will let me)!

6. Fixed that for you...resubmit your order as above and shouldn't be a problem for you.

7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Fixed it properly Cuddles :p;)

8. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Does she live at number 11?

9. I wasn't aware that any Scottish football teams were By Royal Appointment? Perhaps they realised just how damned presumptuous they were being and removed it in a rare moment of shame?

Crazier things have happened.

10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Well, if you wish to advertise your club as a haven for gay men (The Queens (plural of queen (and associated reference to homosexuality))that's up to you.

Don't see why you should be persecuted/prosecuted/humiliated for it though (unless, of course. you're into any or all of those things).

If on the other hand you wish to display your loyalty to the crown, "The Queen's" (posessive of the Queen - ie you belong to the Queen) might be more appropriate.

I know, I'm a grammar nazi, but apostrophes are everything here.

BTW, I think that the club shop are being way over the top. Homosexual inferences or no.

11. Actually it ought to follow the example of the german shirt Kuntz 11...so pluralise Hun Bastard and we'll be right?

12. Of course, if you really want "The Queens" on your shirt you should write to the Commercial Director and tell him/her that you are a sub group of Gay and Lesbian Rangers supporters and to not allow you to have your group name on the shirt is discrimination and unlawful.....or you could just buy it from somewhere else?

13. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Duly noted and amended.

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Didn't get the original quote as I could not be arrsed amending to same as shown.

However, I don't think that that form of words would upset the Tims. :D

15. So why dont you just order it without the writing and take it down to a T-Shirt printing shop?

It would be cheaper I expect.