Loyalties.................

Having read and partaken in the forums of AARSE for a little while now, something has been concerning me for some time.
We know all to well that the site is monitered, and also agreed its for "airing ones feelings in a public forum" yet the lack of loyalty that is showen by members of certain corps, is quite frankly disgusting.
Surely if the best is to be gotten from such a site as ARRSE then critisism of the system by our political masters and at times decisions by our miltary leaders should quite rightly be questioned and discussed openly in the various forums , and we can also have a right old "slagging: match in the NAFFI to relieve tension,but, lets not lose sight of what ARRSE is about.
Personaly I do not think critising or attacking(on a personal level) Officers, SNCO's and other ranks even if they are in your corps/regt using an anonymous forum is right nor honourable. (2 forums are particularly bad for this).
I personally have been guilty of responding in a negative way on certain threads because I didnt check which forum I was reading,but as time has progressed I have come to learn that ARRSE is a valuable resource and does more for ensuring our leaders "hear" what the serving member is feeling than anything before it ,lets use it to its full potential.

If anyone was to
(criticise) or (attack) (on a personal level) Officers, SNCO's and other ranks even if they are in your corps/regt using an anonymous forum
I would sincerely hope that a moderator would pull the post and warn the contributor; if that didn't happen, the ethos of the board (and possibly its' future) would be in question; a matter for the administrators.

It is not acceptable, to name individuals in a derogatory fashion, and those posts will be pulled, and the contributor warned ek dum.

Conversely, there have been individuals named, when they have done particularly good work.

The beeyatchin that goes on in certain forums has been noticed, and acted upon.

However, it is difficult, when the free-for-all happens to involve almost the entire units' chain of command , and they are having it out in the open. 8O

At this time, it would be best for all members to remember what Arrse is here for, and why it is "tolerated" . It is an excellent sounding board for feeling in the ranks and much much higher up, of certain issues.

Standards - Revised 19/01/04

As you all no doubt are aware, ARRSE has always been the subject of intense scrutiny by the media , the Top Brass of the Army , MoD and other agencies and individuals

The Arrse board was created, so serving personnel had somewhere to banter ,voice concerns or ask questions and advice anonymously. Somewhere where ex-personnel could stay in touch with forces life, or where Military-centric civilians, could get a "flavour"

The aim of Arrse is for it to be both fun and informative, it is not here, to provide a medium to "slag off" or denegrate individual serving personnel, because the posters are too lazy or cowardly to use the established grievance procedures, or front it out behind the MT shed.

By all means, point out shortfalls, or how things can be done better , but DON'T make it personal. DON'T name individuals. You may think you're being big and clever using an anonymous alias to insult someone, but if that someone is senior enough, all you're doing , is creating a climate of mistrust and suspicion within your own unit. Not what you set out to achieve, was it? So THINK before you post.

For the avoidance of doubt, read the OPSEC thread, which also contains the standards we expect people to abide by. Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in threads and/or posts being culled.

If this valuable asset degenerates into nothing but a forum for innuendo and abuse, then we will institute bans for abuse , including persistent use of names after warnings and compromising OPSEC.

Lack of consideration of others who want to have a proper discussion about issues,or who want to come in with reasoned debate, suggestions and fixes , will drive contributors, with something valuable to say or who are in a position to make a difference , away.

Each of the mods administers their forums in their own time. We are busy enough without having to read bone posts and then edit and delete them.

We at ARRSE HQ will not see this site lose its credibility. It is only because we know certain senior officers (And one or two VERY senior)at LAND, view it as valuable that we can keep it open without a witch-hunt into the identities of those of us who run it!

Or indeed , a witch-hunt into individual poster identities.

I , and other moderators do not wish to face an interview without coffee, biscuits and with my hat on because of the mindless actions of a few.

Please keep the standards of discussion outside the Naafi bar at a reasonable level of intelligence.

Remember, this forum, is an advertisement to the world at large. Each and every one of you is an ambassador for British Armed Forces or the United Kingdom. Remember that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The Intelligence Cell 34