Loyalists gave RIRA guns to shoot cops

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KevinB, Jan 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Loyalists gave RIRA guns to shoot cops

By Allison Morris
    16/01/08

Loyalist drug dealers with links to a UDA
    faction supplied the weapons used by the Real IRA to shoot two police officers.
    An unlikely partnership be-tween the paramilitary groups dates back to 2003 when loyalists transported a massive haul of weapons for the Real IRA using routes used to bring drugs into the north.
    It is understood the haul in-cluded 20 rocket launchers and 12 AK47 assault rifles as well as handguns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.
    Handguns brought in by loyalists on behalf of the Real IRA were used in two recent attempts to murder policemen in counties and Derry.
    The officer in Dungannon was shot twice with a handgun, whereas his colleague in Derry city was injured by a shotgun blast after a handgun jammed.
    Sources say a further shipment of weapons procured from English arms dealers is planned.
    That is said to include hand grenades and explosives for use by the Real IRA. Negotiations to have the shipment transported
    by the loyalist drug gang have already taken place.
    A haulage firm used as a cover to bring in drugs for the loyalist gang who have links to the Shoukri brothers was paid to safely transport the weapons into Northern Ireland.
    The links between the rival paramilitary organisations have continued and a group calling itself the Real UFF admitted leaving pipe bombs at the home of republican Aine Gribbon in Antrim town last week.
    In the same week a Ballymena criminal who was put out of Harryville following a run-in with loyalist drug dealers was threatened by the Real IRA which gave him 24 hours to leave the north.
    Greg Young, a protestant from Ballymena, Co Antrim, has lived in the nationalist Lenadoon estate in west Belfast with his pregnant girlfriend for several months.
    The Real IRA issued a statement saying it had targeted him for selling heroin.
    Young, who was recently re-leased from prison, denied the allegation.
    Sources say the two acts were carried out as part of an exchange deal between the rival paramilitary groups.
    The Real IRA agreed to intimidate Young out of Lenadoon in return for the attacks on the home of Ms Gribbon, a mother-of-nine who is a close associate of alleged informer Paddy Murray.
    Murray has spoken out to deny claims that he was working as an informer but former associates in the Real IRA are said to be sceptical of his denial.

http://www.irishnews.com/page.asp?catid=540&subcatid=5860&sid=577618

2. Scum hiding under the pretence of a political/religious group selling guns to scum also hiding under the same pretence.

Criminals, Gaol them all.

3. Gaol?

Surely a good length of strong hemp would give them the only stretch they'd ever need?

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, what to do, what to do? They aren't killing innocent bystanders (much), the aren't blowing up Docklands or Brighton hotels, they haven't shot at or let bombs off at the armed forces for a bit, and, besides swapping some love juice here and there, and drugs, and weapons, they aren't killing each other much.

The mafia-style behaviour of these boyos is merely a repeat of the type of gangland behaviour you will see anywhere in the world these days as the various mafia outfits around the world have linked arms and are all working together.

Who'd have thought it eh? Shortly after 9/11 and the end of the septic will to back their boyo freedom fighters, mafia practices, drugs and culture miraculously manages to find a way to get them all working together on both sides of the divide. Makes you think that it's gobments that control the mafia rather than drug-lords. Or was that just Kennedy that thought that, or Castro who feared it?

5. i find the views held here quite pretentious since i know for a fact that somebody with a strong claim to being in an asu used this site and its members to gain info on an ex reg, maybe site members should be less keen to do harm to others

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Care to elaborate?

7. its me of course your local pira walt lol

8. I would be deeply sceptical about this story. Although it is not unknown for Loyalist and Republican terrorists to come to local agreements about crime issues this level of co-operation is unheard of.

RIRA have never had a problem importing their own weapons before so why would they ask LPMs to do it? Especially with the security issues of them having no way of knowing which LPMs are working for C3 or MI5. I find this very hard to believe.

9. Me too, the IRA of any sort have enough foreign connections to get their own weapons.

10. Oh really. Which ASU was that - the RAOC Accomodation Services Unit? Why are the views pretentious?

A definition:

1. full of pretense or pretension.
    2. characterized by assumption of dignity or importance.
    3. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.

Now which one of these are you accusing some members of?

Heres the meal deal bipolarbilly - we weren't frightened of these cnuts during the Troubles and we aren't frightened of them now. If you know somebody who was engaged in targetting activity then I do hope you reported it because a pound to a pinch of sh1t the rubberheels will be on your case already - WALT :oops:

11. What exactly is a "strong claim to be in an ASU"?

Well said rickshaw-major _ i will take baracades off my door now

Pretentious - moi?!

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, I was kind of frightened for a moment there. I mean, how could ANYONE, let alone these pig-sh!t thick provo c0ck-sucking inbred provo helmet cheese think that I was pretentious, or overbearing, or wont to shoot of at the gob with ill-thought comments at the first minor debate that came along . . . exactly?

13. As Biped said, please elaborate. Dont come on this site making that sort of statement without backing it up, please.

14. Another way of looking at the story is, drug smugglers diversify and smuggle in fire arms to sell to other criminals. It's not as if it is the first time that smuggling routes have been used for different products, just look at the Mexican people smuggles being employed by the Colombians to take cocaine into the USA.
    Will the Rocket Launchers will be used against Armoured Van's moving money around like the Albanians/Russians in Italy in the late 1990's?

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You do know this is what Army's do? They tend to break things, make lots of noise and occasionally cause a few bruises.

A terrorist walts mate, in gods name why?