Lowest fly-by ever?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ghost_us, Jun 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Extremely Low Flying Fighter Jet - Bing Videos

From what I can tell in the video it looks like the jet is literally 1 meter off the ground? The bystanders almost got hit with a wing tip!!!!

I can't tell what kind of plane that is or country of origin but props to the pilot, that was some pretty ballsy flying.
  2. 1 metre seems about right - at the end of the vid, you can see where the slipstream's literally parted the grass. I've seen pre WW1 era footage in which a German biplane pilot (Ernst Udet?) picks a scarf off the ground with his wingtip. This isn't it; YouTube - ‪Man gets hit by plane‬‏
  3. Interview.Certainly no biscuits.No tea or coffee either.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. They're Argie FMA Pampas.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Thought the first one was an Alphajet.
  7. Just read a Empire of the Clouds: When Britain's Aircraft Ruled the World by James Hamilton-Paterson (Paperback - 5 May 2011)

Where he mentions that a Vulcan bomber on a joint ex with the yanks in the US desert training area got so low that it cut a long trough in the ground with one wing tip!!

anyone no more about this?

PocketComms - Language First Aid at your Fingertips
  8. That's certainly low. Somewhere in the webosphere there's some footage of a trio of naughty French mirage at somewhere like Solenzara, and one of them is bloody low too.

Anyone got the photo of the Typhoon at Farnborough a few years ago that scorched the grass at the bottom of a loop? The giveaway is the canards at maximum alpha and the brown streak the pilot leaves when climbing out...
  9. Is this the one?

10. Guess again.
  11. [​IMG]

I 'raise' you 1 x Buccanner. Apparently the Bucc could do this on a regular basis as it formed an air cushion under the aircraft that prevented it from stoving in at these heights.
    • Like Like x 9
  12. Yup. Only gets to about 5 metres but at maximum raaaa as opposed to the argie trainer.
  13. It looks a bit lower than 5 to me, but that might just be my wishful thinking. The third seems to pass between the fence on either side of the runway.
  14. They get a lot lower over here, the A10 at Rammstein apparently flew a circuit in someones cellar, the Airbus team then had to top that by demonstrating the clipping of tree roots from the underside at the Habsheim airshow!
    • Like Like x 1