• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Lower than a snakes belly

I don't see why, he sounds like a pretty honest chap to me....

"Morris, who had debts of £120,000, had stolen to feed a gambling habit but had intended to repay the money"

How does that work then?? Must be quite difficult to 'sneak' money back into the system. :roll:

Major Colin Morris, 45, based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, made fraudulent expense claims and collected money for training courses that he did not attend.
Surely it should be SOP for expenses? He says it was a genuine mistake and that he is going to repay the money. No further action taken.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
What about those snivelling turds in Catterick - the Cpls who steal from the recruits to get back-handers from the NAAFI and the PRI shop?

Sending them off with lists of kit to buy, like bed covers, bergens and the like, none of which are of any use on ops, pretty much all of which is civvy items, and totals running to hundreds and hundreds of quid per recruit?

The word is that the PRI and the NAAFI are in cahoots with the Cpls, everyone is making money hand-over-fist, except the recruits who are landed with a bunch of shiite they don't need and don't want. The cnuts are even having competitions to see which one can get their recruits to get the stupidest shiite, whilst pocketing the kickbacks.

This might be quite funny if the lads weren't getting beasted to fcuk and back as a unit if any of them failed to buy the exact items on the list.

Of course, the PRI and NAAFI only seem to take cash - no credit cards, so their parents can't buy them for the kids, and there's no evidence - apparently.

Is this a normal part of recruit training and been going on for years, or is this a different kind of cnut's trick with different piggies with their snouts in the trough?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Firstly, what are your thoughts on the issue?

Secondly, I'm not one of the parents who rightly p!ssed off about this, and thus have no direct involvement, although I HAVE spoken to one of the affected recruits.

Thirdly: Who should I report it to?

Biped said:
Who should I report it to?
You need to report it to the only body that is able to force officialdom to conduct a thorough, complete inquiry and to ensure that disciplinary action is actually taken in respect of those who are found culpable.

The Sun, The Mirror, The Mail, The Express etc etc.

If contemporary history teaches us anything at all, it is that transparancy is only achieved when its public relations are in any way affected.

Biped said:

Secondly, I'm not one of the parents who rightly p!ssed off about this, and thus have no direct involvement, although I HAVE spoken to one of the affected recruits.

If you believe that a crime is being committed then you should report it to the local RMP SIB or to the officer i/c recruit training.
I'm afraid I'm not in a position to comment on any of the complaints you have made although when I served the NAAFI took cards, including their own store card.
When I joined the Army the only equipment you bought were a plastic mug, boot brushes, polish, dusters, Brasso and blanco. For Arctic Warfare we bought additional kit but there was no hint of impropriety and occasionally some of the lads would go a bit OTT in their search for ally kit but there was no collusion between NAAFI and military.
As I say, if you are concerned report it although there are enough people involved in recruit training on here that may well read this that they may now be ahead of you.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Markintime said:
Biped said:

If you believe that a crime is being committed then you should report it to the local RMP SIB or to the officer i/c recruit training.
I'm afraid I'm not in a position to comment on any of the complaints you have made although when I served the NAAFI took cards, including their own store card.
When I joined the Army the only equipment you bought were a plastic mug, boot brushes, polish, dusters, Brasso and blanco. For Arctic Warfare we bought additional kit but there was no hint of impropriety and occasionally some of the lads would go a bit OTT in their search for ally kit but there was no collusion between NAAFI and military.
As I say, if you are concerned report it although there are enough people involved in recruit training on here that may well read this that they may now be ahead of you.
Perhaps then I should leave it to 'The Power of ARRSE' to right this wrong. One parent DID try to use his card to buy one item so his kid wouldn't get in trouble, and was told categorically - cash only.

I served with the Maj some years ago and and on OPs. He seemed a really nice guy, he was all for the lads and would help them as much as possible so when I first heard of the sexual assault i did find it hard to believe and now this. It just goes to show that all people are not who you think they are. I feel sorry for his family.

Biped said:
Perhaps then I should leave it to 'The Power of ARRSE' to right this wrong. One parent DID try to use his card to buy one item so his kid wouldn't get in trouble, and was told categorically - cash only.
I think either you or the parent concerned should report it directly. No one can move without an official complaint.

Latest Threads