Lower Than A Penguins Ball Sack Hair

Elliott Morley has appeared on Look North today telling us all that it was just a catastrophic mistake and all can be explained.
Apparently he has not even been contacted by the police, let alone interviewed. I want to know why the police have not started investigating this fraud, there have been enough complaints about this, why haven't they at least contacted him and taken a statement.
If anyone is ever going to have any confidence in Labour again (both the Lib Dems and Tories have taken steps to put their house in order) if they don't insist on the earliest possible police investigation. If the police say they have investigated and no crime has been committed then fair enough but let's have an investigation!

Interview with the accused

Its turning into a witch hunt.

There was a Conservative MP on the BBC this morning who had claimed on his second residence in London, but when submitting his declarations had put his constuancy address on the paperwork. He had pocketed nothing he shouldn't from the tax payer, yet the news presenter was trying to do a Jeremy Paxman on him.

(probably find out now that the MP was lying and DID claim on both properties).

dingerr said:
Just as it should be.
There have been scores of "mistakes" they should all be thoroughly investigated. In any other segment of society outside Westminster these people would be facing criminal investigations and prosecution.
If its uncomfortable and unpleasant for the MP's then all well and good.

Mistake is a euphamism for sorry I got caught when it comes to politicians of late.

dingerr said:

There was a Conservative MP on the BBC this morning who had claimed on his second residence in London, but when submitting his declarations had put his constuancy address on the paperwork. He had pocketed nothing he shouldn't from the tax payer, yet the news presenter was trying to do a Jeremy Paxman on him.

BURN them!!! :twisted:

The number of careers that I have seen ruined due to the odd inappropriate claim in the miltary, and these spunkers get away with some of the crap that they do.

Double standards and a half.

Nope, they are all sorry (sorry they've been fecking caught). I will be telling my bank next month that i'm not paying the mortgage as i've paid it off. My mistake, sorry.

Does no one find it strange, that these people are running the country, making in their own words, ``honest mistakes´´ What other hm's are they making in the process, no wonder the country is in the state its in.

jeez, how many times are we going to hear," I've done nothing wrong " " it's all within the rules " or I made a mistake, yeah fcuking right you did and you are going to pay for it, we hope, !

dingerr said:

Was it not the fact he had done it 23 times they were questioning?

Another thiever of OUR money has just 'resigned' - someone called: Ben Chapman.

I have no idea who he is, but he is claiming that 'The Daily Telegraph' has been hurtful to his family, friends and supporters!

Now that is a new slant on all this theft. It is designed to make us 'feel sorry' for the 'All-Party' fraudsters.

Do you all 'feel sorry'?

Not sure. His constituancy house mortgage had been paid off. He'd never claimed a penny on it though. So other than being incompetent with form filling can't see much wrong doing.

They were trying to climb all over Ming Campbell about getting his London Flat redecorated:

The Daily Telegraph focused upon a sum of money I claimed for refurbishing the flat I stay in when working at Westminster.

For more than twenty years I have rented a one-room studio flat. The rent is paid by the House of Commons Fees Office. As I do not own it, I can in no way profit from the flat. I have never owned property in London. My wife and I are joint owners of a house in Edinburgh and a cottage in Gateside. No money from public funds has been spent on either of these properties.

When I became Leader of the Liberal Democrats in 2006 it was clear my duties and workload would require me to spend a lot more time in London. In addition Elspeth, my wife, was also expected to stay in London more frequently.

To accommodate this, I could have rented or bought a larger, more expensive property. I rejected this option and instead chose to remain in my existing flat. No work had been carried out on the flat, nor had I purchased furnishings for it, for nearly twenty years. It was clear that it would require upgrading. I employed an interior decorator (who was a constituent) to help me. I asked the Fees Office whether I was able to claim the cost of the decorator’s assistance and was told it was within their guidelines. This one-off cost (in addition to the amount spent on refurbishment) allowed me to remain in my existing flat, at a cost to the taxpayer of less than £800 per month.
I think Ming has played fair.

I would rather see the focus concentrating on those twats who are taking the piss.

lsquared said:
Another thiever of OUR money has just 'resigned' - someone called: Ben Chapman.

I have no idea who he is, but he is claiming that 'The Daily Telegraph' has been hurtful to his family, friends and supporters!

quote]

Yes, they have been hurtful by pointing out that for 10 months he claimed £1,900 per month interest, when it should have been £400 per month.

However:

"..... I was misled by the Fees Office into the arrangement in question.

So no doubt he can sue them. Or maybe not.

I have to say i agree that there is a witch hunt going on...the worst being nthe 'moat cleaning' if you read the document the chap didn't claim for his moat to be cleaned...he included it in a list of all (including non-expense items) work carried out on the property for the previous 4 months...

The telegraph just decided it was a good catch for a 'posh toff' and so quoted it.

I agree there are those out there screwing the system over, but some aren't and have been tarred with the same brush...unfortunate.

S_R

without condoning what has happened this whole thing has nothing to do with'politics' it's all about selling newspapers and increasing the circulation figures of the Torygraph, who were suffering a downturn in profits.The information was obtained illegally as someone in the MP's Fees Office passed on information which was subject to the data protection act and Fraud can only be proven if there was an intent to hide or deceive, as these expenses where all in the permitted allowances system and were openly submitted then there is no fraud, being an amoral t0sser doesn't make one a criminal unfortunately

There are a few who are being slammed for what appears to be fair claims, but the rest who are taking the pi55 and a disgrace! They should be ashamed and wander off with the Mess Webley to kill themselves. None of them are doing the right thing and they fervently cling to their positions.

Most are clearly theives, (no other word fit to describe them), and those that did nothing, likely had a pretty good idea and turned the blind eye, especially those uninvolved and highly placed in each party who had a duty to act to stop it. The ultimate breach of trust by those who are supposed to be making laws and setting the standards, (ha-ha :roll: ), for the rest of the country. Meanwhile, troops need kit, or get sub-standard kit, some people are losing their pensions/homes, kids and elderly in need, NHS etc, etc, etc...

The only thing that makes most of them sound any different to the average fraud merchant you see in court is the absence of "Blah, blah, blah... feckless excuse... blah.... YOUR HONOUR" :x

Not one will get prosecuted because of what they are and the fact the public purse is apparently a bottomless pit of fun money for that lot. That aside, fraud is absolutely the best crime to commit. If your average man/woman on the street was caught doing any of these things they would be hammered by the courts.

Amazing how so many allegedly highly intelligent, self proclaimed "leaders" of society can make sooooooooo many alleged mistakes. Not fooling anyone at all. If one or two had a boo-boo of a few hundred quid, nobody would care but so many and a large number involving tens of thousands of pounds, things like claiming for homes already paid off etc, etc, is NO MISTAKE! 8O :roll:

Lets hope the voters will do the right thing and bin the lot of them.....
But I very much doubt many, if any will get the boot and even then, they'll keep their over inflated pensions, which are totally disproportionate to years of service! :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fuc.k me sideways... :roll: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

TheHatsRevenge said:
without condoning what has happened this whole thing has nothing to do with'politics' it's all about selling newspapers and increasing the circulation figures of the Torygraph, who were suffering a downturn in profits.The information was obtained illegally as someone in the MP's Fees Office passed on information which was subject to the data protection act and Fraud can only be proven if there was an intent to hide or deceive, as these expenses where all in the permitted allowances system and were openly submitted then there is no fraud, being an amoral t0sser doesn't make one a criminal unfortunately
Just like the MPs, you don't get it either, do you? The outrage is not just because they fiddled and faffed around and took us for everything they could get, but the fact that "it was within the rules". It's the rules that allowed them to do it (and continue doing it) that is so bloody annoying. I live 15 miles away from work and have a 30 minute lunch break so can't get home for lunch. Imagine the Inland Revenue reaction if I claimed for food as a necessary part of carrying out my work. They'd laugh all the way to the red line crossing out of the claim. But MPs can. I claim a petrol allowance off my tax for travelling between places of work but am not allowed to claim to travel to and from work. MPs can.
Just a couple of minor things which point out the differences.
Damn the bloody rules, they should never have been there in the first place. We use to laugh at the corruption of African and Italian politicians. Not so funny, now.

exbleep said:
TheHatsRevenge said:
Just like the MPs, you don't get it either, do you? The outrage is not just because they fiddled and faffed around and took us for everything they could get, but the fact that "it was within the rules". It's the rules that allowed them to do it (and continue doing it) that is so bloody annoying. I live 15 miles away from work and have a 30 minute lunch break so can't get home for lunch. Imagine the Inland Revenue reaction if I claimed for food as a necessary part of carrying out my work. They'd laugh all the way to the red line crossing out of the claim. But MPs can. I claim a petrol allowance off my tax for travelling between places of work but am not allowed to claim to travel to and from work. MPs can.
Just a couple of minor things which point out the differences.
Damn the bloody rules, they should never have been there in the first place. We use to laugh at the corruption of African and Italian politicians. Not so funny, now.
Like I said being an amoral t0sser doesn't make you a criminal unfortunately.......and no I haven't missed the point we all 'indulge' in a little ahem overclaiming when given the chance, it's the position that they hold that makes it a MORAL CRIME, we expected them to behave with 'honour' but unfortunately thats not the way of the world now, it's all feck you jack and fill yer boots at all levels of society.
This whole story as I said is more about selling newsprint than anything else the 'crime' was not in what MP's did but the person(s) who passed the information illegally in the first place everything else is incidental.......
If the media in the first place had not had a hissy when MP's were trying to set a fair rate for the salary of an MP the whole fiasco would not have come about, £100,000 a year salary say would preclude any need to claim expenses oh and ban all grace and favour accomodation unless PM or Chancellor, all accounting records to be in the public domain and all MP's should be local people not these professional politicians we have now.