Lower Than A Penguins Ball Sack Hair

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Markintime, May 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Elliott Morley has appeared on Look North today telling us all that it was just a catastrophic mistake and all can be explained.
    Apparently he has not even been contacted by the police, let alone interviewed. I want to know why the police have not started investigating this fraud, there have been enough complaints about this, why haven't they at least contacted him and taken a statement.
    If anyone is ever going to have any confidence in Labour again (both the Lib Dems and Tories have taken steps to put their house in order) if they don't insist on the earliest possible police investigation. If the police say they have investigated and no crime has been committed then fair enough but let's have an investigation!

Interview with the accused

2. Just like the rest, it was only a mistake once they got caught.

3. Its turning into a witch hunt.

There was a Conservative MP on the BBC this morning who had claimed on his second residence in London, but when submitting his declarations had put his constuancy address on the paperwork. He had pocketed nothing he shouldn't from the tax payer, yet the news presenter was trying to do a Jeremy Paxman on him.

(probably find out now that the MP was lying and DID claim on both properties).

4. I think that the 'Private Eye' cover sums it all up:

Parliament's Shame -

Voice bubble says: 'Shame we got caught'.

5. Just as it should be.
    There have been scores of "mistakes" they should all be thoroughly investigated. In any other segment of society outside Westminster these people would be facing criminal investigations and prosecution.
    If its uncomfortable and unpleasant for the MP's then all well and good.

Mistake is a euphamism for sorry I got caught when it comes to politicians of late.

6. BURN them!!! :twisted:

7. The number of careers that I have seen ruined due to the odd inappropriate claim in the miltary, and these spunkers get away with some of the crap that they do.

Double standards and a half.

8. Nope, they are all sorry (sorry they've been fecking caught). I will be telling my bank next month that i'm not paying the mortgage as i've paid it off. My mistake, sorry.

9. Does no one find it strange, that these people are running the country, making in their own words, ``honest mistakes´´ What other hm's are they making in the process, no wonder the country is in the state its in.

10. jeez, how many times are we going to hear," I've done nothing wrong " " it's all within the rules " or I made a mistake, yeah fcuking right you did and you are going to pay for it, we hope, !

11. Was it not the fact he had done it 23 times they were questioning?

12. Another thiever of OUR money has just 'resigned' - someone called: Ben Chapman.

I have no idea who he is, but he is claiming that 'The Daily Telegraph' has been hurtful to his family, friends and supporters!

Now that is a new slant on all this theft. It is designed to make us 'feel sorry' for the 'All-Party' fraudsters.

Do you all 'feel sorry'?

13. Not sure. His constituancy house mortgage had been paid off. He'd never claimed a penny on it though. So other than being incompetent with form filling can't see much wrong doing.

They were trying to climb all over Ming Campbell about getting his London Flat redecorated:

I think Ming has played fair.

I would rather see the focus concentrating on those twats who are taking the piss.