Lower on your Arms reversed

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by BernardMcCabe, Jun 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Chaps, currently doing a course on air brushing and my project is to do with the sacrifices that the British Army make. I want to paint a soldier who is in the drill position of lower on your arms reversed. Tried for the last 2 hours to find an image but have failed miserably. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance

2. Try in the Infantry forum, there is bound to be some drill pig in there who could help.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I seem to recall that this was actually 'Rest on your arms, reversed'. However that was before the SA80 came in and it became impossible to actually rest the weapon.

Still if you look for that you may be a bit more successful.

4. There is this video of a military funeral, the guys with hands on weapons butt, head down is the movement.

Lower on your arms reverse!

5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Rest on Your Arms Reversed - I still rememebr the last line of instruction, 'Hassume A Mournful Countenance'. Muzzle of Lee Enfield resting on left toecap (except we don't have toecaps in the Navy).

6. Thanks chaps, seen that video but was after a photo so l can print it and use it as a template

7. I have found a picture, however, it is small!

Attached Files:

8. It was/is 'rest on your arms.....reverse..' a clicky collection of spazzy movements with a DP .303 which if executed wrongly left a sexy welt across your left shin courtesy of a No 4 Mk 1.

Horrible drill movement, tipping your head slowly to the speed of 8 marching paces as your final movement finished off a spectacularly gay and tedious funeral drill.....

Reni, aged 56

9. Nice but doesnt quiet have the sombre tone l was after!Thanks for image will now see if photoshop can do something with. Thanks again

10. Here you go.

Attached Files:

11. There are news video clips of a recent Coldstream Funeral. The Funeral Party are from No.7 Company, Coldstream Guards.

If you go to youtube and type Lance Corporal James Hill, you will find many video tributes to this young Coldstreamer. Please watch them.

The video clip by Manchesternews has footage of the party at rest on your arms reversed.

If you decide to use this as a basis for your work, you may like to consider making a small donation to The Coldstream Guards Charity fund.

12. Of course you have toecaps. (Unless you swan around in flip-flops all day long.)