Lower abdominals

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by crescent, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all,

Doing lots of sit ups obviously, but I'm noticing that they're working my upper abdominals a lot more than my lower ones.

So, does anyone have any sit up variations that work the lower abdominals as much as/more than the uppers?

2. If you lie on your back with your legs raised at 90degrees to your body (straight up in the air) feet together or crossed at ankles, by tensing and relaxing your stomach muscles you should be able to lift your legs higher in the air. It must be the lower abdominals you use for this as using your back or legs defeats the exercise. It takes quite a bit of focus but is very effective.

3. Lie flat on your back, grip your legs behind the knees and pull your thighs towards your chin.

Ensure that you strip naked beforehand then let the troops ride you like a funfair horse.

I'll guarantee afterwards, you will not be the slightest bit interested in the state of your abs.
  4. Personal experience geordie?
  5. I'd never give advice on a subject I have no knowledge of.
  6. Hold in a compo dump for 6 weeks, every time you get the urge to give birth to it, hyperventilate for 2 minutes, breathe in deeply and do knees to the chest until the pangs pass.

Your lower abdominals wont get any stronger, but after 6 weeks of this the compacted shit snake in your lower colon will give you the perfect "18 pack"
  7. Cheers Im_the_mummy :numberone:

Rest of ya... *shudders* :thumright:
  8. Lay on your back and lift your legs (straight not bent) continually...this can be really painful but that means its working so don't be easily tempted to give in after a few!
  9. Do you mean holding in one position, or up/down motioning?

If up/down motioning (like Im_the_mummy said)... it's not working, but I might be doing it wrong - any diagrams anyone could post a link for please?
  10. Inclined situps (so your head is lower than the rest of your body).
  11. Thanks, just tried it on my board and it does the trick :thumright:
  12. I mean lay flat on your back with straight legs and lift your legs without bending them...hope thats a bit more clear :thumright:
  13. AH, much better - thanks :thumright: