Lowa Zephyr GTX Mid TF

Lowa Zephyr GTX Mid TF - WIN A PAIR!

As a teenager, I had bad, recurring ingrowing toenails resulting in having the nails on my big toes removed 3 times. Each time, they grew back just the same until eventually, they sorted themselves out of their own accord. When my eldest son had the same problem, they were removed and the nail bed killed so that they didn't grow back. I now wish that I had had this, as I now have a nail fungal infection that I can't shake. I think a nice pair of Lowa boots in size 10 would help.

TamH70

MIA
As a teenager, I had bad, recurring ingrowing toenails resulting in having the nails on my big toes removed 3 times. Each time, they grew back just the same until eventually, they sorted themselves out of their own accord. When my eldest son had the same problem, they were removed and the nail bed killed so that they didn't grow back. I now wish that I had had this, as I now have a nail fungal infection that I can't shake. I think a nice pair of Lowa boots in size 10 would help.
When I got my Hobbitses feet done, they killed the nail bed the first time with some horrible smelling chemical or other. That after sticking my toe with the biggest needle I've ever seen going into a human person so as to administer the anaesthetic.

The memory of that whole experience can only be alleviated by an application of Boots, Lowa, Size 10 Medium to each foot.

When I got my Hobbitses feet done, they killed the nail bed the first time with some horrible smelling chemical or other. That after sticking my toe with the biggest needle I've ever seen going into a human person so as to administer the anaesthetic.

The memory of that whole experience can only be alleviated by an application of Boots, Lowa, Size 10 Medium to each foot.
When I took my then 15 year old son to the clinic, our GP had referred him to have wedges cut out so that the nail would grow out. The nurse took one look at his nails and said that this would be insufficient and recommended the permanent method that you describe. We briefly discussed and agreed, and she said she would do it there and then. I excused myself and said that I would wait in the corridor, to which she replied that it wouldn't be necessary. With the memories of having had it done three time rekindled, I insisted as one patient was better than two.
I wholeheartedly agree that such memories as best expunged by the gift of a new pair of boots.

As a matelot, I am inherently un-ally. This can only be remedied by giving me these boots, so I can wear them with my CS95...

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
As a matelot, I am inherently un-ally. This can only be remedied by giving me these boots, so I can wear them with my CS95...
Oh, come on, CS95 in the Navy? Cause real confusion and turn up in tropical combats...

I was wearing a pair of the Lowa Desrt Mid Desert when I saved those orphans from a burning building and later donated a kidney to one who was in need of a transplant.

On another occasion the flight crew of a 747 fell unconscious and whilst everyone was in panic expecting us to plunge to our doom I took control and landed the plane.

I also find they are comfortable to wear when I'm delivering food to the elderly & infirm in my spare time. Everyone I visit remarks on how nice my boots look.

Had I been wearing any other boot none of this would have happened.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I was wearing a pair of the Lowa Desrt Mid Desert when I saved those orphans from a burning building and later donated a kidney to one who was in need of a transplant.

On another occasion the flight crew of a 747 fell unconscious and whilst everyone was in panic expecting us to plunge to our doom I took control and landed the plane.

I also find they are comfortable to wear when I'm delivering food to the elderly & infirm in my spare time. Everyone I visit remarks on how nice my boots look.

Had I been wearing any other boot none of this would have happened.
So you don't need another pair then..

So you don't need another pair then..
whereas I do need a pair, so that I can carry out similar (imaginary) heroic acts.

Have Lowa ever conducted any testing on the wear and tear of booting junkie shoplifters to bits... Errr firmly using reasonable force officer...

If not PM me and I will send the address for the size 9M boots to go too purely in the interest of science.

squeekingsapper

LE
Kit Reviewer
I've always liked Lowa boots, they are generally well made and wear well. Granted they are a little heavy, but they do offer good ankle support and are comfy.

One thing I have noticed with them though is that in my experience they can be a little small and you end up having to go for a slightly larger size.

I've always liked Lowa boots, they are generally well made and wear well. Granted they are a little heavy, but they do offer good ankle support and are comfy.

One thing I have noticed with them though is that in my experience they can be a little small and you end up having to go for a slightly larger size.
I've had similar issues with sizing,

whereas I do need a pair, so that I can carry out similar (imaginary) heroic acts.
Which bit didn't you believe? If anything I played it down a bit for reasons of modesty. I didn't even mention delivering that baby just before I brought that 747 down to a safe landing with 3 engines out.

edit.

I got my big toenails surgically removed a few years ago and it made a helluva lot of difference. My big toesie woesies don't hurt anymore. The toenails never fell out, to be fair, just were so ingrown that they nearly met round the back. Did you finally get yours yanked out by a professional?
I've heard of people doing that, never knew whether to believe it.

I don't need any boots for actual military use, as I'm quite happy with my issue Altbergs. I also have a pair of UK issue Haix High Liabilty boots, which I've actually found to be pretty good. I know they weren't too popular, but since I replaced the (paper thin) insoles with some cheap sorbothane cush'n'step ones, I've found them very comfy, even for longish tabs and field use.

The leather in the toe section seems very thin, and gets waterlogged after a few hours in inclement weather though, and seems quite easily damaged/scratched in this condition. Luckily the goretex keeps my feet dry!

My current day to day kicking about/hiking boots (Salomon LTR GTX) are getting towards the end of their useful life, which is a pity as they've been excellent, especially considering that I got them for just over £50.

Salomon Authentic LTR GTX® Mns, hikingsko - Brun - Jagtsko & vandrestøvler | XXL

As such, a pair of these Lowa Zephyrs could be very nice to have!

On my third pair of Zephyrs. They are a really good pair of boots. I wear them every day and they last me around 18 months at a time, it's always the soles that wear out before the looks.

BTW I still have my issued BCH from when I left in 91, the ones with the screwed on soles.

Size 8 desert please.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
edit.

I got my big toenails surgically removed a few years ago and it made a helluva lot of difference. My big toesie woesies don't hurt anymore. The toenails never fell out, to be fair, just were so ingrown that they nearly met round the back. Did you finally get yours yanked out by a professional?
No. I stopped wearing what were clearly incorrectly sized Lowas and let them grow back. Never had any issues since.

Have Lowa ever conducted any testing on the wear and tear of booting junkie shoplifters to bits... Errr firmly using reasonable force officer...

If not PM me and I will send the address for the size 9M boots to go too purely in the interest of science.
I've often thought that what tactical boots lack is the marketing shot of someone getting their faced stoved in by the said boots in question. That classic shot of the foot trampling the head into the ground with the strapline of "Lowa, for when love makes way for war" or some such guff. I think it'd be pretty effective (that's justified three years of advertising & PR at college!).

Yeah, hence why I kept losing my toenail. That problem however seems to have fixed itself somewhat, as these Zephyrs were fine in a 10.

Dingerr walt

Any as mod of this bit of the empire dont I get to try out a set ever?:cry::cry::cry::cry:
You know I'm completely impartial. Doesn't mean you can't at least have the decency to try a backhander.

I've heard of people doing that, never knew whether to believe it.
If I could, and it wouldn't cost or hurt much, I'd get rid of all my toenails. They actually serve no purpose that I can establish and not having my big toenail was pretty pleasant.

I don't need any boots for actual military use, as I'm quite happy with my issue Altbergs. I also have a pair of UK issue Haix High Liabilty boots, which I've actually found to be pretty good. I know they weren't too popular, but since I replaced the (paper thin) insoles with some cheap sorbothane cush'n'step ones, I've found them very comfy, even for longish tabs and field use.

The leather in the toe section seems very thin, and gets waterlogged after a few hours in inclement weather though, and seems quite easily damaged/scratched in this condition. Luckily the goretex keeps my feet dry!

My current day to day kicking about/hiking boots (Salomon LTR GTX) are getting towards the end of their useful life, which is a pity as they've been excellent, especially considering that I got them for just over £50.

Salomon Authentic LTR GTX® Mns, hikingsko - Brun - Jagtsko & vandrestøvler | XXL

As such, a pair of these Lowa Zephyrs could be very nice to have!
I've noticed that on the Haix boots I looked at last time - the toecap is wearing through quite quickly.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
No. I stopped wearing what were clearly incorrectly sized Lowas and let them grow back. Never had any issues since.

I've often thought that what tactical boots lack is the marketing shot of someone getting their faced stoved in by the said boots in question. That classic shot of the foot trampling the head into the ground with the strapline of "Lowa, for when love makes way for war" or some such guff. I think it'd be pretty effective (that's justified three years of advertising & PR at college!).

Yeah, hence why I kept losing my toenail. That problem however seems to have fixed itself somewhat, as these Zephyrs were fine in a 10.

You know I'm completely impartial. Doesn't mean you can't at least have the decency to try a backhander.

If I could, and it wouldn't cost or hurt much, I'd get rid of all my toenails. They actually serve no purpose that I can establish and not having my big toenail was pretty pleasant.

I've noticed that on the Haix boots I looked at last time - the toecap is wearing through quite quickly.
My Haix are fine, the soles though lasted just about a year, thanks to some Jock shyster palming me off with seconds (allegedly)

I've had similar issues with sizing,

Which bit didn't you believe? If anything I played it down a bit for reasons of modesty. I didn't even mention delivering that baby just before I brought that 747 down to a safe landing with 3 engines out.
I believe non of it, as these are all the actions I actually carried out WITHOUT the aid of such marvellous boots. Imagine the phenomenal things I could do if I actually had them.

Latest Threads