Lowa Urban GTX

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Rfn_Warrior, Jan 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are these boots any good? Just ordered a pair and wanted to know before i break them in and theyre sh1t. Ill be wearing them on regular occasions, out training etc.

Fire away.

2. arent you in training?????

you wont be allowed to wear your own boots mate til you get to battalion.

and some battalions like ours only let you wear them for ex/tabs/boot runs etc

issue tissue only when i camp.

3. No, i mean like loading the bergen up with heavy stuff and out rubbing/tabbing. Not in basic until at least a good 3/4 months.

4. ooooeeeer, don't want to know what you get up to in your spare time.

5. Lmfao. typo. Running that is.

6. They are not bad for hanging about in an office and general mincing about, but I wouldn't trust my ankles to them with a load on my back.

7. They are not bad for hanging about in an office and general mincing about, but I wouldn't trust my ankles to them with a load on my back.

8. They are not bad for hanging about in an office and general mincing about, but I wouldn't trust my ankles to them with a load on my back.

9. 3rd times the charm?

10. Whoops, they were put there to add emphasis. Honest.

11. got the non gtx a month ago. been on exercise (albeit armoured) and really cant fault them. a massive step up from the seekers they replaced. no dramas with ankle support-my left one is made of glass, well recommended-from a rifleman.

12. i would go for lowa combat myself.... gore tex

13. These Urban GTX are Gore-Tex, hence the GTX in the name.

14. These boots, or boots made to the same spec and last, have been tested on current ops, by a trials unit in Cyprus and several other smaller units.

On these official trials not one blister was reported even when the boot was issued, put on and a 24 hour battlefield mission with insertion and extraction phases carried out. No problems with support were reported. The desert version (non-Goretex) got a big thumbs up. If volume manufacturer was not such as issue they would be on offer now as part of the operational footwear package.

If you look at the Lowa uk catalogue then you will see a military spec (MoD spec?) version. This is the Lowa Urban with the GTX liner, locking cleats and closed hooks.

The seekers are still flying around and great for getting from your desk to the air conditioning unit.

Proof that with modern materials and a hod of cash the days of wearing boots in are over!

15. whilst in iraq a few of the lads were trialling the new desert lowas and they all said they were really good

a lot better than the meindls anyway

meindls give me worse blisters than the standard issue spanish dezzie boots!