Lowa Seeker or Lowa Patrol Boot?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by LordVonHarley, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have decide to have a splurge on new boots. I'm TA R Sig's so wont be doing loads of tabbing with a gizzilion kilo's on my back but I do like getting out in to the hills when ever I can. I live in Scotland so they will be getting wet....... a lot! :D

..................... The Super Camps look good to! Arrgggghhhhh! :oops:
  2. I found Lowa Patrol boots to be very good.
  3. Hi mate,

lowa patrols are good boots, I have been issued them, but they are non gore.. Have a look at the Mountain boot, like the Patrol but with Gore linner..
    As for the Seekers.. great boot but not made any more, it's been replaced by Urban boot which comes in Gore and non-Gore..
    Get the Mountain boot if it was me buying them.. Dry feet = happy you!!

5. Buy the Patrol the Seekers are only good for tabbing on roads etc not much grip on damp stuff.

I have both and would not dream of using the seekers in mud etc.

Also go for the Gortex.

Top Boots
  6. Cheers :eek:)

Polimil have some good prices on them.
  7. Goretex made me feet sweat like a paedo in a playground.
    Also, they haven't dried out properly after a dunking three days ago.

Going for Patrols next.
  8. I have used Lowa for most of my career but after a recent discovery I am switching to Altbergs. Its horses for courses but for me Altbergs are awesome.
  9. Get what ever you feel comfortable wearing. I used to have Lowas (the German Issue para ones I think...) and now have Altbergs. The Altbergs are about half the weight and are more comfortable.

Avoid Gore-Tex linings though. They sound great but will boil your feet and if they get wet they stay wet. Not even gaters can keep your feet dry if you end up in a river so you want boots that you can dry out quickly.

Check out the Best boots for tabbing etc sticky at the top of the QM's Forum page.

T C
  10. i was going say, like the cheat did, why lowas?

is it just because that's what everyone else wears?

you might get on better with Altbergs, I moved from Lowa to Altberg and don't regret it.

Im TA R Sigs too, they are much more comfortable for long stints in the det. (if you don't wear trainers like me :D )

The best boots for tabbing etc is a good thread, but maybe not the most relevant to our job!
  11. Why do people think that gore tex will keep your feet drier than normal waterproof linings? As long as water doesn't go over the top then you're sorted.

With gore tex linings once wet they will stay wet longer than normal. Although having said that, any padded boot takes a while to dry out compared to normal leather.

My new theory is that if your feet are gunna get wet you might as well let the water out quicker. Get jungles ;)
  12. Anyone used Bates Falcons?
  13. i would go for either the patrol or the mountain boots, they offer best value and comfort. but then i guess it all depends of your job/task really.
  14. DO NOT buy gore tex boots for military use. There is absolutely no need for them. They will only make your feet sweat and will take far longer to dry out if water gets in over the top. It is BAD admin.

Normal leather non-gore are waterproof enough.

I have Lowa Patrols (non-gore) for general field use, and Altberg Sneekers (similar to Lowa Seeker, non-gore) for Summer, FIBUA, PT heavy training etc.

The Patrols obviously have a broader potential use so, if I was going to buy one boot, I'd get them.