Lowa desert boots sizing

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Dogwalker, Feb 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am after some Lowa desert boots and am confused by their sizing. I take a 9 large in the normal boots. On Flea bay you can get some in wide sizeing ie 9 wide. But if I look on the net they only do standard or half sizes. Is there a difference in the millitary one s to the ones on civvy shops. Is 9 wide military the same as 9.5 civvy?
  2. No, 9.5 is not an indicator of their width sizeing, it is their size in length, Ie: a size 9 and a half.
  3. I take a size 7 large in BCH, and my issued Lowa's are 7.5, I found size 7 were to tight
  4. Try to try them on in a shop first. Even if you get the right size boots can still be uncomfortable because everyone has different feet, so it's not the sort of thing to buy blindly on the Internet.
  5. Quoted for truth. Try them on somewhere local to get the right size in the shop, then if its extortionately pricey there, you are at least armed with the right size to shop around for a better deal online.
  6. Thanks for all your replies. problem was no one stocks the desert ones localy but I was in a bit of luck as my mate has a pair of 9.5s and I tried them on today and they are perfect fit. 9 would have been too small. I presume then that Lowas run a shade small and you are best getting the next half a size up. Still have not a clue what the wide fitting ones are as on all the sites you can buy them except fleabay they are all either full or half sizes. Yet again Thanks for all your help.