Lowa Boots

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Ain'tNoCracker!, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I currently own a pair of size 10.5 lowa supercamp2 boots, my feet are about a size 10.5 however the boots are a little on the large size and about a size 10 would be a better fit. My question is; is there anything i can do to shrink the boots a bit so they better fit my feet? At the moment they are quite loose and uncomfortable to run in, i guess it's my own dumb fault for not trying a pair on beforehand but its done.

If anyone could help me out that would be much appreciated!

2. Own damn mistake but i guess that my fault for not sending them back when they felt a bit iffy from the get go. if anyone knows any methods for shrinking them it would be much appreciated.

3. My boots are also too big for me. All I do is hit my toes with a big fuckoff mallet before I get into bed and they swell to a perfect fit.
  4. Have you tried putting a slightly thicker insole in it mate? I know it's not the tightness that's the issue but the snugger fit can stop the movement in the boots, if all else fails! :)
    As far as I know you're going to struggle to shrink them.
  5. Ill get another pair of insoles then, thanks mate.
  6. Thicker socks?
  7. Hi, my Mrs gets some kind of half sole thingy if she "MUST" have a pair of shoes that are not her size.

I wear Lowa and Meindl's. As you have probably found they are not the easiest or quickest boot to break in. They will gradually form to your feet allowing you to lace them more tightly giving you a better fit..........the only way to get the better fit is to wear them as much as possible.

Depending on how bad the fit is I would consider binning them on ebay and getting another pair. Personally, badly fitting boots don't do it for the only pair of feet I got issued with. Check boxhead/austrian/swiss ebay there are sometimes bargains to be had with the camp boot. FYI, the camp boot is a generic boot made for the German army and it is put out to contract with Lowa, Meindl and Haix.......the boxhead issue ones therefore do not have a makers name on them.

On the up side, I know lots of boxheads that wear these both on and off duty, from their experience I know that the expected life, with probably one or two re-soles, is 15 years if the leather is cleaned regularly.
  8. I take it you have the same drama with your head and beret