Lowa boot sizing question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by WFR_BOY, Apr 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has been asked before, couldnt find anything when i searched.

I am after some Lowa combat boots but cant get to a stockist to try a pair on for size.

I take a size 10 issue boot, but i tend to use sorbathane insoles which will effect the sizing i need.

Are lowas close fitting, and do they have require an additional insole?

I was hoping someone here may have similar sized trotters.

2. I don't think Lowa are supposed to be worn with Insoles... it'd restrict the clever "air-pump" thing they have to keep your feet cool.

I find my Lowas are more close fitting than issue boots.

Since you're spending close to £150 on them, i'd try to get yourself to a stockists and try them on mate...

TB

3. For the money they cost you need to try em on, google shops in your area something will come up

I've got very wide feet and initially went up half a size on my normal size I regretted this in NI. I now have two pairs, one pair for serious cold jobs (-40 siberia type joy) which are two sizes bigger and a normal temperature pair that are 1 size bigger.

I've probably got weird hobbit feet,

MORAL OF THE STORY IS TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

4. I take a size 10 issue boot, but i tend to use sorbathane insoles which will effect the sizing i need.

No it won't affect the size. Take the Lowa insoles out and stick the sorbothanes in! I'm size 10 and wear size 10 lowas with 'specially made' mong insoles for my mong feet.

Are lowas close fitting, and do they have require an additional insole?

No they aren't close fitting. Lots of room for thicker insoles.

5. I'm an 8 1/2 normally but I use superfeet insoles in my lowas and I often wear a thinner pair of socks under my normal ones so I take a 9 in lowas.

6. 10 in other shoes and boots, got a pair of size ten lowas, got "hot-spots" within 200m when I tried them with sorbathane insoles. However without insoles are a dream.

7. thats because some moustached german craftsman living in a woodern hut in bavaria, spent hours designing the shoe. He did not take into account a pillock like you taking the insole out and putting a crap sorbothan in. lowas are excellent, i have a pair of their trecking shoes aswell and they have lasted. But stink!!!

8. Those requiring sorbothane insoles = Pillocks 8O

How did you work that one out?