Low Level Flying In The Swiss Alps

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Trip_Wire, Jun 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. 2:41 on is about as sh1t scared as I would ever want to be!!

excellent skills

3. Cow

Cow LE

It's like watching a flight sim, the bit when he's inverted gets me, I wouldn't be able to remember which way is up. Impressive climb up the mountain side!

4. Definately some pucker factor involved with that flight...

5. An excellent find Trip, no TFR either!

6. Lets hope that they dont take out a cable car like that Septic did a few years ago....

7. Feb. 3, Mt. Cermis, Italy: low-flying U.S. Marine surveillance jet on training flight accidentally cut ski-lift cable-car line, causing all 20 people aboard to fall some 260 ft to their deaths.

8. The crew of that Prowler were found guilty in the courtmartial as I recall...

9. My workmate tells me that the Swiss Hunter took off and landed at the Sion Air base.He used to service the Hunters there for his military service.

10. Have a chat with GSG9......could tell a few stories!!!

11. Superb video! Flying at it's most beautiful in a classic jet! I hope they checked the avalanche warnings though!

12. the 747 lands there once a week. and with the runway being so short, it needs to get to full power before it can go so it has enough power/speed to take off before the run way runs out/it hits the mountains on take off.

also on landing, they usually just miss the fence as they need to touch down on that strip asap to slow.