Low IQ linked to heart disease

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Feb 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "After being a smoker a low IQ is the strongest predictor of the disease, ranking above blood pressure and lack of exercise.

The study carried out on over 1,000 men and women in Scotland, was funded by the Medical Research Council and is published in the European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation. "

So the risk factors go like this:

1. Smoking
    2. IQ
    3. Low income
    4. High blood pressure
    5. Low physical activity

Darwinism in action for Chavs, wasters and Labour core vote in general. Splendid.
  2. I would imagine this is because numpties are generally in the lower socio-economic groups and hence live on a diet of beer, fags and lard.*

*Although I say this as though it's a bad thing...........
  3. Did this result come from the same font of brilliance that sussed out that people who live in cardboard boxes under the arches are more likely to peg it quicker than those who live in a Belgravia terrace? I wonder how much their research grant was?
  4. Indeed, one wonders what other research projects they are currently involved in:

Location of Excreta of the Genus Ursus in Relation to Height and Density of Surrounding Woodland Vegetation?

Current and Historical Interrelation Between the Generally Accepted Teachings of The Roman Catholic Church and the Personal Religious Leanings of the Bishop of Rome?

Oh, and where was this study carried out? Scotland :roll:
  5. What is High IQ linked to? :D
  6. high blood pressure, obviously
  7. I should live to 150 then.
  8. That ties into this story about poor people living 7 years less than rich people.

The arguments presented are all about 'inequality' and the need for pay rises. Aside from the fact that raising the minimum wage would simply raise the price of goods, the article fails to point out that poor people are generally unhealthy because they're thick and lazy. Which is the same reason they're poor.
  9. And D-D, even if you raise their wages in a vain effort to redistribute wealth, the smarter folk will always work out better ways of taking it off them.

My favorite has always been the 39.9% APR never never scheme for tellys, dishwashers and christmas hampers!
  10. Haha, and what about those bloody 'cash4gold' adverts on TV, you'd have to be a complete idiot to send away your gold to that, I hear they are a big scam anyway, value the gold at like a quarter of the price, send you the cheque and melt it down before you can even refuse the offer.
  11. Shame you weren't around to forewarn Gordon.
  12. My doley neighbour is in 4 groups - should be due to shuffle off soon :)
  13. Who would be daft enough to sell gold when it's going rate is historically low...

Oh, wait... 8O
  14. This must be the 'Homer Simpson' syndrome...... a borderline alkie with a dysfuntional family.

Labour's typical constituency... Doley Scroungers, the Bone Idle, the Workshy..... all so true..... b*gger that means I'm f**ked a well.....

Hat and coat dearest.... it's time for the Pub again.... :p