Low Cost Reliable Shipping Companies? Anyone know of any?!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Gundulph, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for a decent Shipping Company capable of shipping a large quantity of Armoured Vehicles out of UAE to one of several places including African Countries, has anyone got any decent contacts in the shipping Industry that may have used civilian ships to transport military vehicles etc. or who know of any such Companies, the lowest quote I have heard is $5k per vehicle, they are wide and heavy but this is still very high!

Appreciate any help in this.

2. Gundulph, PM me with rough detail, ie: approximate total linear metres, biggest veh size (generic will do ie: warrior, MBT), POE and PODs, and rough timescale.

if you are getting quotes based on a "per vehicle" basis then you are probably talking to the wrong people. You need to sort your loads into linear metres (or lane metres) and overall weight then throw the info to the market for tender. That is of course unless you didn't really mean "large quantities". In STUFT (Ships Taken Up From Trade) shipping terms large quantities of vehicles would mean in the order of 150+ LR/Tlr or 80+ 4T or 40+ Warrior, thats a very loose guideline.

I can get you the right contacts but it may take a week or two. It's been a while since I was in that line of work.
  3. Planning to invade a small country, are we, Gundulph?

4. Yes Litotes,

The U.K. by the way things are going on our Home Shores!!!

Thanks Jockey, PM'd you...