Lovely weather.

I've been given the day off too, but will explore options to work from home. Right after a nice cup of tea. And perhaps a read of the paper....

milsum said:
I've been given the day off too, but will explore options to work from home. Right after a nice cup of tea. And perhaps a read of the paper....
You're going for a big poo aren't you.

That's the kit list for a big poo.

shortfuse said:
milsum said:
You're going for a big poo aren't you.

That's the kit list for a big poo.
If I were going for a dump I'd take some p0rn too. I find it helps me relax my little sphincter.

scrofula said:
You chaps have never experienced "Glass Ice" have you? Ask a meteo how this actually does happen, but it goes something like this:

Gobbets of water form in already near-freezing cold clouds, they drop to the already freezing-cold earth, and on impact, instantly spread and become ice, loads of them doing that at the same time gradually creating a slick icy surface over everything.

Straight advice: just stay at home.
Happens alot in the Cairngorms. Crampon conditions :)

tropper66 said:
Cardiff, sunshine, but very cold can't see what all thr fuss is about
i know!
:roll:
its a bit parky, but whats all this whingeing about?
i can still see castell coch from one window in the office
aha, can't see the bridge from the other anymore
but just look at that glorious sunshine
luvverly
:D

intergeri said:
Although it's been snowing here all night it's been too mild for it too stay and at mo sun is shining. Imagine Edinburgh having better weather than London! Makes up for all the times i've had to watch the weather forecast and hear how it's 15 degrees here and 34 down south :lol:
Yes, a light dusting here in Edinburgh and makes a change to have the southern softies whinging and moaning about a bit of snow

johnboyzzz said:
intergeri said:
Although it's been snowing here all night it's been too mild for it too stay and at mo sun is shining. Imagine Edinburgh having better weather than London! Makes up for all the times i've had to watch the weather forecast and hear how it's 15 degrees here and 34 down south :lol:
Yes, a light dusting here in Edinburgh and makes a change to have the southern softies whinging and moaning about a bit of snow
5mm in redditch not enough snow to please anyone its just irritable that we have very little if its going to snow i wish it would snow properly here too!

About 12 inches here in sunny Aldershot and I went arrse over tit walking to work as my car is snowed in!

jack-daniels said:
About 12 inches here in sunny Aldershot and I went arrse over tit walking to work as my car is snowed in!
Tis bad in The Shot. Still, it covers up the sh1te.

We were told by the weather people that we wouldn't see the snow, but it's been like this for about 3 hours now

spike7451

RIP
RIP
None here!
A few years ago it took me over 2 hours to go 3 miles between N/Ards & Dundonald as an inch of snow crippled the country.
At Bruggen in,oh,1990,it took me well over 2 hours to go from Niedercrutchen & Elmpt when I dropped Smiffy off after we'd come off a weeks Duty Plumb!
He offered to let me stop over but like a prat,I declined!In hindsight tho.....
Spike

jack-daniels said:
They actually make North Town look nice!!
I live in the nice part.

Relatively speaking.

HahahahahahahahahaWhoooooooaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha! I've forwarded this thread to some central European mates who are by now wetting themselves at how wimpy us Brits are when it comes to a spot of inclement weather. 2 foot of snow? Pussycake!

scrofula said:
HahahahahahahahahaWhoooooooaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha! I've forwarded this thread to some central European mates who are by now wetting themselves at how wimpy us Brits are when it comes to a spot of inclement weather. 2 foot of snow? Pussycake!
The difference being that the mongs of Eastern Europe get this sh1t all the time and are geared up for it. This is a once in a double decade event, so spare the horseshit about us not being able to hack it. We could go and ask your plastic shoed mates how they hacked the defence against Communism.

Now who are the vacuous wimps?

Don't disagree with you one bit Guru. The fact that these mongs almost worship the stuff beats me. My whole MO at this time of year is getting from one warm place to another in the shortest possible time, and once established in said warm place, to remain there for as long as possible, preferrably in a deep sleep.

I'm a few years out of it but snow forecasting is still tricky in the UK due to the maritime climate and orography, its affected by so many factors. It's fairly straightforward to predict if it will snow, but guaging how much where (as with rain) is more of an art. Saying that though the MetOffice models are amongst the best in the world. Heaven forbid they go ahead with plans to privatise it or it will all get so much worse.

milsum said:
Heaven forbid they go ahead with plans to privatise it or it will all get so much worse.
Already in hand I'm afraid.
An awful lot of auxiliary met stations have already been closed in preperation for privatisation.

Latest Threads