Lovely weather.

What a wuss----Tell us when you get some snow ffs :)

At least you can go for a sh!t without the threat of an avalanche!!

Attachments

Down here on the sunny Kent coast we had a few flurries this afternoon, but later tonight i'm off to Germany so i expect i will see a lot more white stuff, before returning for the beer festival Friday.

came in quick round our way

Command_doh said:
No snow down here lads. Never fcuking settles in Greater Scumdon, anyway. Meh. Get the damned freezing winds and granny breaking ice though.
It is in this bit.

Was up skiing in Glencoe today about back of 3 the viability dropped down to about 20 mtrs as the snow came in got worse until the chair lift to the bottem then jack sh1t! roads were all clear on the way home so much so I done the 98 miles home in under 2 hours(all A roads apart from 4 miles of the M8)

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
rebel_with_a_cause said:
Command_doh said:
No snow down here lads. Never fcuking settles in Greater Scumdon, anyway. Meh. Get the damned freezing winds and granny breaking ice though.
It is in this bit.
I take it back, its been sheeting down. I'll look for the 'Country grind to a halt in freak cold snap' headlines the day after tomorrow. Just shows how inept we are at dealing with even the most minor atmospheric variables.

You chaps have never experienced "Glass Ice" have you? Ask a meteo how this actually does happen, but it goes something like this:

Gobbets of water form in already near-freezing cold clouds, they drop to the already freezing-cold earth, and on impact, instantly spread and become ice, loads of them doing that at the same time gradually creating a slick icy surface over everything.

Straight advice: just stay at home.

Got a cold snap here in Kiwiland, only 25C, it was a balmy 42.7 this time yesterday, you just don't know what to wear do ya ? :)

Meanwhile in sunny east midlands. Hundreds of us stoopid as took travelers (no not the scumbag type) are stranded at the mercy of a certain Irish airlines incompetance to organize transport back to civilisation. Honestly a bit of snow and everything falls apart FFS.