Lovely new questionaire from the Govt.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 5_mile_sniper, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seems that the Govt is set to pry even further into the way we raise our children, if this new form, being trialled in Lincolnshire, goes nationwide.

The Register

Interesting how nowhere on the accompanying letter was it mentioned that this "voluntary" form was actually voluntary; merely an instruction to "return the questionnaire within 7 days".

Also, given that they intended to share this information with, as yet unnamed, third parties, no chance to opt-out was given; something required by the Data Protection Act.

Finally, those not completing this "voluntary" questionnaire would receive two written reminders and then a home visit.

I for one would have shredded the bloody thing and returned it with a covering letter containing some pretty choice words about what I thought of their prying questionnaire.

2. The state has NO business interfering in the day-to-day lives of its citizens. Our personal information is NOT property of the state, and we ARE innocent (not suspected) until proven guilty. At least, that's the way things should be.

Another reason I'll be voting Conservative at the next election is their pledge to scrap the contactpoint database (more here). I would hope that pledge would also cover things like this.

3. Any parent stupid enough to fill in that form deserves a good kicking…

Just take the form and write across it in big letters with a red felt tip pen NOYFBFOAD and send it back.

4. I think a major part of the problem is that a lot of the people who received this form would have completed and returned it purely out of fear that, to not do so would have either meant that their children would have been denied full access to NHS services or, worse, that they would have been put on some sort of "at risk" list, to be subject to further prying/suspicion.

I don't consider myself to be a member of the tin foil hat fraternity, but when a government can get people to give over extremely personal information about their children, themselves and their partners (what the hell does that have to do with the child's health?) through fear alone, then we are headed down a very dangerous path.

5. Nail and head firmly hit.

6. Just fill it in with rubbish, tick the box you know they want you to tick.

7. just like the MOD shoite "Your Say"

8. Ah, but that would allow them say; "look, all these people have returned it, so surely there's no problem".

Perhaps better to take a stand now, before this sort of shoite becomes commonplace in the future.

9. Whet/Sven/Ashie et al, will be along shortly to spin this as a positive thing.

10. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear? Something along those lines perhaps?

11. He's busy trying to prove the sea levels are rising and we're all going to drown at the moment…

12. Of course you could always fill in your address as say 10 D++++g S++++t and see how long it is before a chap dressed a black overcoat comes round tells you to stop it!

13. ill just wipe my arrse with it and send it to No 10 :p

14. To me, the following question says: "Do you abuse your child?"

And although it is apparently not compulsory to fill it out, the article goes on to say:

15. Anybody smell the stench, I mean 'Stalinist' stench, of the 'Bug-Eyed' Balls - best friend of the soon to be****ed off Brown?

'Captain' Darling has declined to give £3 BILLION of our money to 'Bug-Eyes', the zealot - for him to waste on more politically inspired, doomed to fail, 'social engineering' dreamt up by this utter tosser and shite.

Good for 'Captain' Darling. Balls is dangerous, deluded and is due for demolition.

What will happen to the 'Simpering One' when the 'zealot' is emasculated?