Lovely new questionaire from the Govt.

It seems that the Govt is set to pry even further into the way we raise our children, if this new form, being trialled in Lincolnshire, goes nationwide.

The Register

Interesting how nowhere on the accompanying letter was it mentioned that this "voluntary" form was actually voluntary; merely an instruction to "return the questionnaire within 7 days".

Also, given that they intended to share this information with, as yet unnamed, third parties, no chance to opt-out was given; something required by the Data Protection Act.

Finally, those not completing this "voluntary" questionnaire would receive two written reminders and then a home visit.

I for one would have shredded the bloody thing and returned it with a covering letter containing some pretty choice words about what I thought of their prying questionnaire.

The state has NO business interfering in the day-to-day lives of its citizens. Our personal information is NOT property of the state, and we ARE innocent (not suspected) until proven guilty. At least, that's the way things should be.

Another reason I'll be voting Conservative at the next election is their pledge to scrap the contactpoint database (more here). I would hope that pledge would also cover things like this.

Any parent stupid enough to fill in that form deserves a good kicking…

Just take the form and write across it in big letters with a red felt tip pen NOYFBFOAD and send it back.

I think a major part of the problem is that a lot of the people who received this form would have completed and returned it purely out of fear that, to not do so would have either meant that their children would have been denied full access to NHS services or, worse, that they would have been put on some sort of "at risk" list, to be subject to further prying/suspicion.

I don't consider myself to be a member of the tin foil hat fraternity, but when a government can get people to give over extremely personal information about their children, themselves and their partners (what the hell does that have to do with the child's health?) through fear alone, then we are headed down a very dangerous path.

DeltaDog said:
The state has NO business interfering in the day-to-day lives of its citizens. Our personal information is NOT property of the state, and we ARE innocent (not suspected) until proven guilty. At least, that's the way things should be.
Nail and head firmly hit.

CQMS said:
Just fill it in with rubbish, tick the box you know they want you to tick.
just like the MOD shoite "Your Say"

Ah, but that would allow them say; "look, all these people have returned it, so surely there's no problem".

Perhaps better to take a stand now, before this sort of shoite becomes commonplace in the future.

exile1 said:
Whet/Sven/Ashie et al, will be along shortly to spin this as a positive thing.
He's busy trying to prove the sea levels are rising and we're all going to drown at the moment…

Of course you could always fill in your address as say 10 D++++g S++++t and see how long it is before a chap dressed a black overcoat comes round tells you to stop it!

ill just wipe my arrse with it and send it to No 10 :p

To me, the following question says: "Do you abuse your child?"

However, the interrogation is not limited to intimate details of a child’s health. Parents responding to the survey are asked to provide details about their health and their partner’s health, whether they or their partner are in paid employment, and even to own up to whether or not their child is upset when they (the parent) returns to a room.
And although it is apparently not compulsory to fill it out, the article goes on to say:

She [Ginny Blackoe, Head of Family and Healthy Lifestyle Services] also explained that as part of Lincolnshire’s softly-softly consensual approach to data gathering, this initial communication will be followed up with a reminder and then a third letter and a potential home visit from the School Nursing team.

Anybody smell the stench, I mean 'Stalinist' stench, of the 'Bug-Eyed' Balls - best friend of the soon to be****ed off Brown?

'Captain' Darling has declined to give £3 BILLION of our money to 'Bug-Eyes', the zealot - for him to waste on more politically inspired, doomed to fail, 'social engineering' dreamt up by this utter tosser and shite.

Good for 'Captain' Darling. Balls is dangerous, deluded and is due for demolition.

What will happen to the 'Simpering One' when the 'zealot' is emasculated?

If everyone that received this letter through the post, held out for the reminder and finally the visit, imagine how much it would cost them to see it through?

DeltaDog said:
She [Ginny Blackoe, Head of Family and Healthy Lifestyle Services] also explained that as part of Lincolnshire’s softly-softly consensual approach to data gathering, this initial communication will be followed up with a reminder and then a third letter and a potential home visit from the School Nursing team.
My bold: doesnt this mean they've taken out the right to not fill this sh*t in?? if this ever gathers enough moss to take hold it'll turn into a prison sentence for non-compliance i bet :roll:

To me it seems to be a continuation of the previous policy, that fails to intervene in cases where it is required; Baby P, Victoria Climbié, etc. Instead, they choose to treat everyday parents with suspicion and infer that they are incapable of raising their own kids.

One of the reason that we are getting things such as this questionnaire and various databases tracking our children is due to the failures of the very same health/social services that are now asking these questions.

Fcuk Me !!! Remind me again when the UK turned into a Stalinist Country.

Punk_trooper said:
DeltaDog said:
My bold: doesnt this mean they've taken out the right to not fill this sh*t in?? if this ever gathers enough moss to take hold it'll turn into a prison sentence for non-compliance i bet :roll:
well I've not done the electoral roll for at least 15yrs..'n' told the census to go do one twice in the last 20..'n' still kept my green paper driving licience..and I'm still free(i think.. :? )