Lovely Brecon..

Just for a change Brecon was particularly beautiful this weekend, did anyone else make the trip up there for a wander over the "Fan"?.. :)

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Photoshop is a marvel.

That is nothing like I remember it and they say that time dulls the pain.

Lol, that's exactly what I thought when I staggered out of the car park to start the climb, I can't ever remember the weather being this good in the past, the paths were treacherously icy but the views were outstanding, I have more shots if anyone's interested.

When the weathers right the Beacons can be stunningly beutiful, My favorite walk when its that cold is down to the Waterfalls at Ysradfellte, its a dodgy walk, but ok if you take care

udipur said:
Photoshop is a marvel.

That is nothing like I remember it and they say that time dulls the pain.
Agreed. Where's the howling gales and the lashing rain?

I remember trying to have a piss behind the car and when the wind changed direction slightly, it never even touched the ground. It was probably also 'raining' in Merthyr Tydfil that day.

Whatever happened to OPSEC?

The whole of B Sqn is hidden on that forward slope and you have to photograph them!! FFS!

(I reckon Jonno is just behind that clump of grass on the left...).

Lits

LMAO, There did seem to be a "bring a bergen" meeting going on that day since we saw shedloads of poor buggers humping their gear all over the beacons, but I expect they weren't too disappointed at the weather either for a change.. :D

Double_Duck said:
LMAO, There did seem to be a "bring a bergen" meeting going on that day since we saw shedloads of poor buggers humping their gear all over the beacons, but I expect they weren't too disappointed at the weather either for a change.. :D
They will be the 1st Bn Girl Guides training for their summer camp...

:D

Litotes

Litotes said:
Double_Duck said:

Litotes
Agree with you DD it was 'gaaaaaw-jus' this Saturday, although dealing with all the thick polished ice was fun!
There was indeed a lot of DPM dotted about the hillock, I think a couple of them got a surprise when one of our party offered him a slice of her hot pie ;-)

flowers said:
Litotes said:
Double_Duck said:

Litotes
Agree with you DD it was 'gaaaaaw-jus' this Saturday, although dealing with all the thick polished ice was fun!
There was indeed a lot of DPM dotted about the hillock, I think a couple of them got a surprise when one of our party offered him a slice of her hot pie ;-)
Hot pie you say? I'm there!!

Nice one.
Did you manage to pot the pink?

Hot pie? not hairy hot pie (my favourite)?

flowers said:
Litotes said:
Double_Duck said:

Litotes
Lol, I could have done with a slice of pie when we took a break at the reservoir, I forgot what a steep drop down it was from the ridge and nearly skidded down on my arrse all the way when I slipped at the top... 8O

This gives you an idea how dodgy parts of it were near the edges.. :)

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Brecon is always lovely, especially when it's raining....

I should know (I live there)