Lovely Brecon..

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Double_Duck, Feb 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just for a change Brecon was particularly beautiful this weekend, did anyone else make the trip up there for a wander over the "Fan"?.. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Photoshop is a marvel.

That is nothing like I remember it and they say that time dulls the pain.

3. Lol, that's exactly what I thought when I staggered out of the car park to start the climb, I can't ever remember the weather being this good in the past, the paths were treacherously icy but the views were outstanding, I have more shots if anyone's interested.

4. When the weathers right the Beacons can be stunningly beutiful, My favorite walk when its that cold is down to the Waterfalls at Ysradfellte, its a dodgy walk, but ok if you take care

5. Agreed. Where's the howling gales and the lashing rain?

I remember trying to have a piss behind the car and when the wind changed direction slightly, it never even touched the ground. It was probably also 'raining' in Merthyr Tydfil that day.

6. Won't be like that in May

7. Whatever happened to OPSEC?

The whole of B Sqn is hidden on that forward slope and you have to photograph them!! FFS!

(I reckon Jonno is just behind that clump of grass on the left...).

Lits

8. LMAO, There did seem to be a "bring a bergen" meeting going on that day since we saw shedloads of poor buggers humping their gear all over the beacons, but I expect they weren't too disappointed at the weather either for a change.. :D

9. Nope...just loads of idiots with hangovers grumbling all the way up!

10. They will be the 1st Bn Girl Guides training for their summer camp...

:D

Litotes

11. Agree with you DD it was 'gaaaaaw-jus' this Saturday, although dealing with all the thick polished ice was fun!
    There was indeed a lot of DPM dotted about the hillock, I think a couple of them got a surprise when one of our party offered him a slice of her hot pie ;-)

12. Hot pie you say? I'm there!!

13. Nice one.
    Did you manage to pot the pink?

[​IMG]

14. No, i believe he downed the Brown.

15. Hot pie? not hairy hot pie (my favourite)?