Loveliest Airport in the world

Thoroughly enjoying the "Worst Airport in the World" thread, but don't forget there are many lovely airports around the globe.

I'm not talking about the marvellous clean efficiency of places like Changi, but other. smaller airports full of charm.

My vote goes to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. Clean, cool, with mostly fans and grass roofs. Good food, not too expensive. Very safe. And with the most gorgeous view out towards the tarmac.

cookairport.JPG

Vancouver.

Tampa.

We flew into there as pax on a family thing. Friends flew into Orlando McCoy and landed 5 minutes before us.

By the time we’d got through immigration, picked up our bags, driven to I Drive in Orlando, checked into the hotel and got to our room, I was ready for a beer so rang my mate.

They were still in the immigration queue.

In case you’re considering Florida, I can recommend this for the above reason but also because flights are half the price.

Orlando Sanford is also very good, currently only used by TUI ex UK.

Bournemouth. One of the very few small airports that hasn’t succumbed to Small Airport Syndrome now that quite sizeable flying programmes are operating there. Ditto Exeter.

If you’re in the south, why on earth would you go to Gatwick if flights are available from these two?

Bristol just about qualifies, now even has trans Atlantic flights

Bournemouth. One of the very few small airports that hasn’t succumbed to Small Airport Syndrome now that quite sizeable flying programmes are operating there. Ditto Exeter.

If you’re in the south, why on earth would you go to Gatwick if flights are available from these two?

Bristol just about qualifies, now even has trans Atlantic flights
Re Bristol, ‘‘tis fine if you pay for priority check-in and security, so as to avoid the crowds who have crossed the Severn from S Wales and like to start quaffing pints for breakfast at 5am.

The Crab Air bar at Airport Camp in Belize, or Vienna

The Crab Air bar at Airport Camp in Belize, or Vienna

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
If I remember correctly Auckland Airport had a nice rooftop smoking area on the main terminal

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Christchurch airport is clean with plenty of space, is fast and efficient and you can wander around outside while you're waiting.

At angilo Enniskillen you get a lovely cup of tea and a bacon buttie to die for. Which is appropriate considering most days you come in over higher ground

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Re Bristol, ‘‘tis fine if you pay for priority check-in and security, so as to avoid the crowds who have crossed the Severn from S Wales and like to start quaffing pints for breakfast at 5am.
The basic service lounge is pretty grim on a good day at Bristol , the dearer one is better

I quite like Southend. About the same time from central London as Gatwick on the train, but platform to departure gate can be done in under 5 minutes. Usually fairly quiet and relaxed. Sadly I suspect the current situation is hurting them.

bob231

War Hero
I rather liked Gib. Dining options are distinctly limited but the duty free's good, the wait times are short and there's still even a viewing gallery.

Latest Threads