Louise Ellman: MP quits Labour over anti-Semitism concerns

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It’s right that racism in any form should be expelled from political parties.

When are the Conservatives and Boris Johnson in particular who was taking part in the debate going to make good on their public televised agreement to investigate racism in the Conservative Party?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Because it isn’t a Jewish plot. It’s right wing political plot. There may well be several right wing Jewish participants taking part in it but let’s not tarnish all Jews generally as being part of some sinister plot against the Labour Party.
So all these Labour MPs leaving the party are right wingers now?
Yup seems legit.

philc

LE
Because it isn’t a Jewish plot. It’s right wing political plot. There may well be several right wing Jewish participants taking part in it but let’s not tarnish all Jews generally as being part of some sinister plot against the Labour Party.
You just have.

So all these Labour MPs leaving the party are right wingers now?
I haven’t really kept track of each individuals politics but in political terms in the Labour Party, some of them are probably seen as such.

There will be other reasons people are leaving. Brexit comes to mind.

philc

LE

Its the smirking in the background that gives it away.

I take your point but I’m clear that this is a concerted attack on the Labour Party. In fact I‘d go as far as to say it’s a multi agency conspiracy against the Labour Party For political reasons.
I disagree

I agree that by and large youre average Labour voter isn't anti semetic - Of course they aren't

But what we have is 2 issues stacking up to a big problem
1) The far left has always contained just as many anti semites as the far Right - they then dress up anti semetic memes as anti capitalist or anti Zionist and some Labour voters drift into anti Semitism but many other simply post the meme at face value - this makes the problem appear worse than it is ( in the same vein the nation was accused of lurching to the far right because social media memes being shared suggested EDL BNP Britain 1st etc had far more support than they really do. - See also the number that back TR - because they believe he is being silenced.

2) Labours Lurch under Corbyn and the rise of momentum has attracted far to many of these types - this has given it a boost and made it more acceptable.

Its been the defence since day one that its all a Mossad CIA MI5 plot - but if that were true we would see lots of claims - we wouldn't see lots of MPs quit because of the way they are treated.

My experience is that if anybody asked me to produced a scale of how much racism was originating from the three mainstream parties, my truthful answer would be the Labour Party is definitely in third place.
Whereas I see Labour as the most racist - Albeit not the overt nasty abuse driven kind
But Labour insists ethnic minorities are inferior for example voter ID
Apparently despite ID being equally obtainable by all - its racist because intellectually superior white people in Labour believe brown people cannot work out how to get ID so they can vote. How they believe they own the Brown vote which does turn into overt racism if somebody of a darker hue dares join the tories.

Edit called away

Last edited:
You just have.

That was in response to @loofkar. I think that’s where he’s coming from.

I don’t think the Israeli Government are behind this problem. However given the Labour Parties public views on what the Israeli Government are doing to the Palestinians, I’m pretty certain they won’t have a problem with the Labour Party being dragged through the mud.

I’m sure Loofkar is perfectly aware of that!

philc

LE
That was in response to @loofkar. I think that’s where he’s coming from.

I don’t think the Israeli Government are behind this problem. However given the Labour Parties public views on what the Israeli Government are doing to the Palestinians, I’m pretty certain they won’t have a problem with the Labour Party being dragged through the mud.

I’m sure Loofkar is perfectly aware of that!
Do elaborate as to why you asked who he worked for, fascinating insight.

@Spec-op1989 and @rgjbloke I'd like to thank you for your posts on this thread, for providing us these really clear cut examples of the staggering level of denial that you and (and judging by how it appears) most other Labour supporters are choosing to remain in.

I totally understand your instinctive desire to stand up for your party and to view (or at least feel) that any flak coming its way is bad and therefore must be from the enemy - David Blunkett, Tom Watson, Louise Ellman and the other nine Labour MP's who have resigned because of the sickness.

Despite some of the things you've posted here I have the feeling that you are both decent blokes. I do think you've done us all a favour by demonstating live, so to speak, the extent people in your party are in confusion and denial.

You have given us an important lesson of how (apparently) easy it is for an intelligent person to frame their perception of reality to suit his/her agenda. This surely is a phenomenon that requires study - I can already begin to comprehend the implications it has for our times.

Thanks again gents for your contribution, even the false accusations. Unfortunately I have to leave to board a plane very soon (yes rgjbloke - another mossad mission to my muslim gf in Europe), so I won't be able to participate much more.

Any one else you have asked this question, or is it only Jews that interest you?
I’ve asked that question to many people over the years when I’ve been curious about who they worked for.

I never asked any of them what religion they were when asking it (not even in Belfast or South Armagh).

I didn’t ask Loofkar what religion he was although the name and the fact I was vaguely aware from reading various posts on the site generally that he was possibly from Israel might have made me think he may have been Jewish.

I might have got that wrong. That’s the thing with anonymous websites.

Thanks again gents for your contribution, even the false accusations. Unfortunately I have to leave to board a plane very soon (yes rgjbloke - another mossad mission to my muslim gf in Europe), so I won't be able to participate much more.
You KNOW the rules of this site. Pictures of the gf or it isn’t true! :)

p**s *ff.
Ah I see, a sort of 'fling lots of shite and see what sticks ' as opposed to being able to defend your criticism of a site member with a single example. Got it.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Because it isn’t a Jewish plot. It’s a right wing political plot. There may well be several right wing Jewish participants taking part in it but let’s not tarnish all Jews generally as being part of some sinister plot against the Labour Party.
Right-wing?

I'd suggest that Jewish Nazis are a bit of a rarity.

That blue water in the cistern? Not good for you. Desist.

@Spec-op1989 and @rgjbloke I'd like to thank you for your posts on this thread, for providing us these really clear cut examples of the staggering level of denial that you and (and judging by how it appears) most other Labour supporters are choosing to remain in.

I totally understand your instinctive desire to stand up for your party and to view (or at least feel) that any flak coming its way is bad and therefore must be from the enemy - David Blunkett, Tom Watson, Louise Ellman and the other nine Labour MP's who have resigned because of the sickness.

Despite some of the things you've posted here I have the feeling that you are both decent blokes. I do think you've done us all a favour by demonstating live, so to speak, the extent people in your party are in confusion and denial.

You have given us an important lesson of how (apparently) easy it is for an intelligent person to frame their perception of reality to suit his/her agenda. This surely is a phenomenon that requires study - I can already begin to comprehend the implications it has for our times.

I couldn't disagree more.

And I'm pretty sure ive not accused you of anything, falsely or otherwise.

What mystifies me is the staggering level of group think amongst anti Labour people that anything negative must be true.

On this thread, the Labour party has been compared to Hitler's regime, and it's been stated that i will be thrown out of Labour for not being antisemitic.

I'm sure there are genuinely antisemitic people in Labour. Never seen any evidence personally but it's foolish to pretend a large organisation hasn't got various despicable people in it.

As an organisation Labour isn't antisemitic.