Loud shouty ads

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Legs, Oct 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please COs, don't allow adverts that suddenly start shouting at you from the "Last 50" page. This one for Vanish is bloody annoying!

Capture.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. And now Cillit Bang. This is bloody annoying! I don't want to have ads shouting at me from every other forum!

• Like Like x 3
  3. It's a real pain if you are running ARRSE in the background and talking to someone on-line and an ad starts up and drowns out your conversation.

4. Same here. It just suddenly appears from nowhere and frightens the crap out of you!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. It gets in the way of the soundtrack to my "Art" videos

• Like Like x 4
  6. It started just now, confused the hell out of me, I've turned the speakers off. But I can still hear the voices.

7. Have you had the ad with the mad woman in the red stripey frock jumping up and down on a cliff top yet?

I'm actually trying to compose sensible PMs to people whilst googling for helpful links, and these ads are not helping me!

8. You can pay to have them removed.. But being a tight arse I just turn my speakers down or just not bother logging in so much.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I think there should be annoying pop ups next. You know, the ones that appear in the middle of your screen and follow you down as you scroll? Natural progression of invasion and all that...

10. I've had shouty ads for ages - possibly forever, but invariably at night. Dwarf - do you get the same given we have different ads over here in espanya?

11. Yes, I am sure that my current cleaner is getting my toilet clean under the rim, thank you.

She wouldn't get paid if she didn't.

And now the 'advert' is some tripped out video accompanied by Fleetwood Mac's Albatross. WTF is that advertising? The collected works of Peter Green? The RSPB? :???:

• Like Like x 1
  12. FUUCK me, my Lappy has a loud speaker!

Whatever next?

• Like Like x 3
  13. An update on the lezzers perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. It's not just on Last 50, it's on every damn page of arrse. One's just started up now, Vanish Crystal White, now it's changed to some hippie bloke taking acid... If you click the speaker button in the top left of the ad it turns the sound off but you have to do that every single time you load a new page.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ha, bunch of pleb, no ads for me.

• Like Like x 1