Lou wants to know.......

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by SpeckledJim, Jun 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered if anybody else has received the "Tell me what you're thinking" letter from SG? Perhaps a little late after a career doing it "My Way", but I suppose the buck really does stop at the top. I usually reserve my opinions and ideas on the state of the AMS for pointy finger in chest sessions at Mess dinners, but as no one can remember anything the next day, its not the most effective means of instigating change so maybe I will complete this Continuous Attitude Survey. Even better, comments could be added here and a link sent to the grown-ups!!?

2. What does it matter what you say, they seem to ignore it anyway! After 24 years, the grown-ups always ignore us mere mortals!!! 4 days and counting until the final endex guys!

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Blimey...amazing what you find on the web by reading the small print...

http://www.orc.co.uk/dmsdtalkback/

I'm guessing this is what Blackadder's Pigeon is referring to - the Defence Medical Services Continuous Attitude Survey 2007. On the Web even, there's posh.

Dui-Lai....as one who is apparentely rejoicing over the end of your service time ya got nothin'to lose by spending ten minutes completing it !

Give Lou the good word a la SNCOs Mess at chucking out time stylee:

' .....an anoth...another fing, Gen'ral....you're my best mate you are d'you know that...bes' mate....'

We'll hold your coat.

Don Cabra

4. OK - listen in.

The Continuous Attitude Survey IS actually listened to and a number of changes have been made as a result of comments. You'll just have to take my word for it. It is one of the few opportunities we get to voice our opinions and, if you don't use it, then more fool you.

Please note that if less than 10 individuals from any particular cadre reply then they will be lumped under a general title like 'AHP' . This is to help preserve anonymity. If you come from a small cadre like Ph Techs, Radiographers etc. it is important that there are at least 10 responses to get your voice heard.......

Available online if you haven't received it by post. Some kind soul might be kind enough to give the Armynet link......?

Jez

5. Just out of interest could we have some idea what changes have been made due to previous CAS,

Cheers,

McV

6. I sent back a piece of A4 paper with the words:

The AMS is fcuked, cheers Louis!

scrawled on it using half a potaoto dipped in watered down ink.

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

well more fool you then Foxy.....if we spot one of those
    'Mushroom Management ' posters in your patch we'll just guffaw politely shall we?

I can understand the cynicism about surveys - but if you are offered the chance and fail to spend ten minutes making your views known - who've you got to blame ?

All same-same people complaining about the sh1te government in power
    ( at any time since about 1810) ....and then when you ask them it turns out they've never been arrsed to haul themselves down to their local school on Election day because

' it doesn't matter who you vote for - the Government always get in ! '

...and yes, my glass IS always half full :D

Don 'Incurably wide-eyed' Cabra

8. I actually sent mine back the day that I got it, then I 'encouraged' with a spikey stick my troops who also received one to do the same. I believe the majority of those received so far from my wonderful trade have been from my dept.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Bravo Zulu that operator - good on yer.

( I always said that Leicester were a very underrated side - and that ODPs were the only reason the whole circus didn't just fold up overnight :D )

.....now, where's that nice radiographer's phone number ?

Le Chevre

10. Gado?

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

nah....didn't know she was glow-in-the-darker....it was more a note to self.

Lee Shaver