Lottery Vs Scratchcards!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Wench3000, Sep 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it better to put £100 on the National Lottery or buy £100 worth of Scratchcards?

2. The Lottery, you'll be farking about with a 2p coin for ages seeing if you've won anything if you buy the scratchcards.

Edd

3. Neither, ERNIE Premium bonds are the way ahead.

You can get the same excitement every month checking your numbers and the same downer when they don't win.

On the bright side you can always get your cash back and have a few beers though.........................

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

A lad on my street won a cool £Million a few years ago on a scratch card :twisted:

5. Both are a tax on the stupid.

6. msr

msr LE

Certainly a tax on those who can't do maths.

msr

7. one day "it could be you"

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Neither! As far as I'm concerned,all the money you give to the lottery fund will go to "black minority overweight lesbian hippodillycrocapigs with identity disorders" than those who deserve it the most,like the OAP/Ex-Services homes that apply for a small lottery grant & get told that they are'nt deserving enough!!
    Rant over.

9. On that note, what's the most any ARRSE Members have honestly won on the lottery/lotto? I got 4 one time also and think it was around 90 spondoolies, not bad for the same shagging numbers since it began! 8O

10. And yet you somehow just know the week you decide to change the numbers will be the week your numbers come up :lol:

11. msr

msr LE

Clearly you failed maths ;)

msr

12. Whats more interesting in that Link is the discussion on the Basra withdrawal...