Lot 21 - Dinner for 10 plus Canapes

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Good CO, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

From (ARRSE User) Swedishchef.

"I am a Michelin star trained Chef and would like to donate a meal. 4 courses for 10 people in someones' house plus canapes. I will provide the food but not the booze, buy the food, prepare it, serve it and wash up afterwards.

Has to be Southern England.

Value if this meal was bought in a resturant; around two hundred pounds not including the drink."

An outstanding prize I'm sure you'll agree. Any questions to swedishchef via the ARRSE PM system.

2. £100 to get things started (not sure I can fit 10 people in my house though!).

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'm sure it won't must extra to server the B list ones in the garden shed :) Thanks for the bid.

4. I'm not sure I have ten friends. Can I have five meals with double portions?

£120.

5. Good thinking ST2B, seconds all round!

£150.

6. Do we get to choose the food (or at least have a say in roughly what it is)?

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

You'll have to PM swedishchef about that one. Common sense would suggest that it'll by a choice from a range of dishes, so not just a fixed choice but not anything-goes either. Could you post the answer here if you contact her.

8. £200

Charlie

9. Good question! To save ST2B the trouble of posting the pm....

Winning bidders' choice. Nothing too ridiculous or massively expensive i.e don't take the p!ss.

Foie gras (for example) for 4 courses is out since it would bankrupt me but no problem for a starter if someone wanted.

Christmas Eve, Boxing Day or even canapes for a drinks party up to 30 is not out of the question but make it worth it on the bidding front. :twisted:

10. B@stard!

£210

11. £220 :D

12. £230

13. £240.

( I expect that my bid will last ooohh.... 20 minutes until AJ really starts to take notice of this one. At which point he'll put £500 on the table here before sauntering off to buy my parents and their family pets. :D )

Charlie

14. Just a quick question. Since when does a four course meal, including canapes, cost £20 each?

Surely this is worth much more than £200?

I'll bid £250.00

15. It doesn't cost twenty pounds per head in the real world but I didn't want to put a reserve price on it and thought that two hundred pounds was a good starting point to get to for RBL. Proper and true value for my time and charm; well...... lets just say in the spirit of Naomi Campbell, I wouldn't get out of bed for less than rather more than two hundred pounds for a 10 pax dinner party. :wink:

At the end of the day, it's for a good cause and whether it's two hundred and fifty pounds or five hundred pounds for RBL, I don't care. Every penny counts. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.