Lost weapon?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bottleosmoke, Jul 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No link yet but hearing on the grapevine that " The army have lost a weapon on the Brecon by-pass".

Not earth shattering news I know but I hardly ever get to hear things first these days!
  2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Not seeing it on CNN yet.....
  3. wouldnt like to be the one who stands up and says " err i think i have misplaced my rifle sgt/sir" :)
  4. I suppose using paracord to secure a recovered weapon to the the offenders wrist for 24 hours is out of the question in these politically correct times.

A lot funnier and far more effective than charging a bloke though.
  5. I could knock up a replacement if a fellow Arrser is missing one.
  6. I may know where they can pick up a "spare" if they need it :roll:
  7. I lost my troop leader once. No one seemed too fussed about that. I left him on the end of a pressle handset and 200 metres of don 10. Apparently myself and the tank were supposed to be on the other end.
  8. I knew a particularly unpopular NCO who put his sidearm down on the tailgate of a landrover after posing for pictures in the middle of a vast mountain range a few years back. His blokes saw what he'd done, but such was his unpopularity that they turned a blind eye, let it drop off the back of the vehicle, and p*ssed themselves laughing when the sadistic cnut went to unload. And was court martialled.

9. Bugger - just as I go back to London. I should be combing the bypass right now!
  10. Ohhh dear.

I only ever 'lost' two things, but they were beauties.

1- SLR breechblock. On a recruit course- where I was a DS- ordered some pizzas one night, put my breechblock in the hip pocket of my trousers, jumped into a mate's MG, 'urtled across camp, got pizzas, returned and assumed 'wolfing' mode.
    End of feed, check pocket...NO BREECHBLOCK! Cue frantic search in pitch dark- no result. In desperation, check car. There it was, on the door ledge (exactly the width of a breechblock) as perfectly aligned as if I had placed it there. Half an inch one way...gone under the seat; half an inch the other...gone into the night.

2- Prismatic compass. On exercise (again as DS) bangety bang bang, run back to platoon harbour, trip flying over blackboy stump. 24 hrs later, go to use compass...NO COMPASS!
    Slink up to the normally even-tempered Pl SGT. and confess. With a muted intensity that would have made Hannibal Lecter quail, he leaned towards me ever-so-slightly and intoned 'FIND IT'
    About 30 terrified seconds later I found it- right where I tripped over.
  11. I lost my career, just as I went to work with the crabs :roll:

Still trying to find it now :x
  12. I suppose you can lose anything if you try hard enough. I remember a squaddie in the Duke o' Boots managed to lose a Charlie G on scheme once.

13. Lost a Land Rover. Wouldn't have been too bad, but there was a Conbat attached.

Lost it at Warcop. Still no sign of it in Sheffield. It turned up in Leeds.

14. After sleeping with my rifle for 6 months in Afghan, I used to wake up at home panicking that I'd lost it.

Other than that, the only thing I lost was a goretex garter in basic.