Lost thread . .

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by RCT(V), Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A long time ago - it seems as though it was in another galaxy - it was certainly when we were using the old/original site layout, there was a thread entitled along the lines of “Would You Do It Again?”, or more specifically “Would You Join-Up Again?”

I had crafted a finely-honed response, that I would now like to access. I can’t find it :(

I’ve tried the SEARCH function. I’ve scoured my own “Find all posts”. I’ve browsed through the “Site Issues” forum, looking for a similar question. All to no avail.

Do we have access to all the threads started under the old/original site layout, or are they now inaccessible?

When I click-on: “Find all posts”, the earliest post found is dtd: 15-03-2008.

I haven’t counted all those listed that I’ve posted from 15-03-2008, but I’m damn sure they do NOT add up to the (today’s) total of 1398, confirmed in my “Profile” (underneath my avatar). My join Date was 27-11-2007.

Advice and/or a link to the thread would be greatly appreciated.

(Note: I am aware of a similar “Would You Join-Up Again?” thread, started during the last couple of months, but it is the original 3-4 year old thread I am after).

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I think you mean this one:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affairs-news-analysis/74967-would-you-serve-again-4.html#post1620072

As long as you make sure that you set the date option to "any date", the search finds this however I try it.

On to the search function - when you tell it to show all posts, it only shows you one post per thread. So your 'all posts' shows 390 threads - correct. Your post total is 1399 - I checked in the database.

A confusion does arrive because there is no 'go to last' in the paged search results on your profile. You'll see the total at the bottom though and you can get through to the last page. Have to go - screaming baby. Maybe more in 5.

3. That certainly was/is the thread - but my lengthy post on the page prior to your link. Thank you.

This thread - and your replies - might be of interest to others. I think the title alone, should be sufficient to attract those who are just as hopeless as myself on this world-wide-net / inter-web “thingy”.

Good CO - a “screaming baby” out-ranks; takes precedence over; and must be dealt-with before, anything else!

Evil_Adjutant - the link didn’t work just now, but I will try again later.

You are both Gentlemen. I will leave drinks for you behind the bar! Thank you both very much. :)

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

That'll be news to Evil Adjt when she reads it :grin:

5. Ooops! :)

6. :D :D :D I'm used to being called a blerk from you lot ;)

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Haaarrrumph!! Didn't have female Adjts when I was in. In fact females seemed to be kept well away from our battalion for some reason. :cyclops: