Lost South African Passport help

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by CH512O, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a South African soldier who has lost his passport...idiot, had bollocking, now reapplying!
    Mother is able to do it in SA, and is now in process of doing so.
    Trouble is, SA Embassy have said that if she sends the Passport to him, he will be illegally here as it will not have a visa stamp in it, from the UKBA. Fair one, so im hoping that he doesnt have to fly on his temp passport, pick up his new one in SA, and then rtn via UKBA and get this hallowed stamp.
    So if anyone may have experience of this, would it be possible for this soldier to go to the nearest UKBA Office and get a stamp as he will surely(!) be on the database from his original visa entry?
    Cheers in advance
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

No idea but you could try sending walt_of_the_walts a PM as I believe he works for the UKBA and may be able to point you in the right direction.
  3. Cow

Cow LE

Phone the UKBA and ask?

Edit: Sorry just read your other thread, good luck!
  4. I should of explained this in the original post but if you look in the Intelligence Cell, you will see why i wont be ringing the UKBA Helpline!
    But in a nut shell....automated service means no help what so ever unless you are a Romanian Pig Farmer wishing to take all our benefits and free health care!
  5. Cheers PM sent
  6. Fellow ARRSE'rs cheers for all the PM's. I think i may have the answer and can confirm tomorrow morning.