Lost my Veterans' pin

I managed to leave my Veterans' pin in the US this summer. Does anyone know how to get a replacement? I only wear it in November, so it's not screamingly urgent, but I'd like to get another one. They're on e-bay for £6.99; does anyone know if they pass muster?

And yes I know it wouldn't matter if I had any medals, but I don't. It wasn't easy defending Western democracy part-time, virtually singlehanded, y'know.

Thanks gents. I got the impression you couldn't get another from the Veterans' Agency, but I'm obviously wrong.

Had mine nicked of my work jacket and sent an email to the Vets agency and they sent a new one out within a week !

Mine fell apart within a week of receiving it. I emailed the Vets Agency explaining and received a replacement.

I got a free replacement from the VA as well. They said I'd have to pay for any more losses though!

Ok..vets pin - now I havent got one..is there something I should know? or does 22 yrs not qualify?

well thankee for the info..I shall apply and see if quantity will have out over quality.

Thanks gents. I got the impression you couldn't get another from the Veterans' Agency, but I'm obviously wrong.
I lost mine and they replaced it with a clear caveat that you get one free issue, one replacement and after that you have to pay. Pay handsomely too, do you hear? Mwawahahaha!

Actually it is a couple of quid plus P&P...

The "coins" are very american, I recieved one from the International Police Authority in Iraq for building their camp for them..they seem to set a lot of store by them, I recieved another from our mother company which is american for " the boy done good" type of thing but would have preferred a pay rise thank you very much, not sure I would want to carry around a coin stating that I am an ex squaddie, seems a little OTT to me...brings to mind the old timer sitting at the end of the bar regaling all and sundry of his days protecting the empire.
A pin is sufficient for this old bugger - to be worn only on "ceremonial" occasions which hopefully will be few and far between.
But for those who would like a coin - go for it.

By way of an experiment in customer relations, I e-mailed them last night asking how one gets a replacement. In the e-mail I included my postal address, and gave my service number, regiment and years in which I served.

Got a reply from them this afternoon, the replacement badge will be with me in the next 5 working days!!

How's that for service with a smile.

By way of an experiment in customer relations, I e-mailed them last night asking how one gets a replacement. In the e-mail I included my postal address, and gave my service number, regiment and years in which I served.

Got a reply from them this afternoon, the replacement badge will be with me in the next 5 working days!!

How's that for service with a smile.
I guess it's a token of their thanks for not talking to them, the written word is so much easier than trying to decode the accent...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The Intelligence Cell 3
Mr Happy The Intelligence Cell 1
msr The Intelligence Cell 7