• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Lost my Mod 90

:|

What happens when you lose a Mod 90? How much of a bollocking am I in for? Am I best admitting up to it right away or waiting a while to see if it turns up???

Nervous Duck :?

No big deal, think I got £25 took off my payslip though.
Used it in a cashpoint and it obviously got sucked in. It got posted back to my unit personael office with a note from Lancashire Constabulary saying "Take more care when on home leave". I kid you not!

I was RN though, Army may be different.

supermatelot said:
No big deal, think I got £25 took off my payslip though.
Used it in a cashpoint and it obviously got sucked in. It got posted back to my unit personael office with a note from Lancashire Constabulary saying "Take more care when on home leave". I kid you not!

I was RN though, Army may be different.

Not the old type your service no for a £50 advance of pay trick :twisted:

Lost mine in 1987, never bothered replacing it, discharged in 1990, got one from my mate who had two at the time, put it through the washer a couple of times, reported it as damaged and was issued with a temp. to hand in at depot.

Junior soldier in 1986.

We had our temporary ID cards (just prior to being issued our "pinkie" MOD 90).

Mine was left in my lightweight trouser pocket and subsequently disintergrated in one of the industrial washing machines.

I reported to the Sqn clerk for a new one and was subsequently called into visit the OC via the SSM's office.

After being relieved of £50 I collected my new temporary ID card.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Lost one in 1997 (along with the rest of my wallet, in a river - long story) and it cost me £50 via a trip to the OC's office, with shouting. It's not chargeable any more though.

I wonder if I can claim my £50 back on JPA? :D

Fugly said:
Lost one in 1997 (along with the rest of my wallet, in a river - long story) and it cost me £50 via a trip to the OC's office, with shouting. It's not chargeable any more though.

Out of pure curiousity, why did it change? I also want my £100 back when my wallet was stolen in BAOR in about '84.

Recce19 said:
Fugly said:

Out of pure curiousity, why did it change? I also want my £100 back when my wallet was stolen in BAOR in about '84.
Coz its gainst me writes init :wink:

Recce19 said:
Fugly said:

Maybe its because they always used to say the security of your ID is like the security of your rifle and they should be treated the same, then someone lost their rifle and just tried to pay the 50 quid.

I've lost 2 in the last few years. I say "lost", in reality I have one in my car as I'm too idle to get my wallet out when entering camp, one in my idle wallet and the other resides in my goodies box, ready to be used for squaddie discount when I finally get out.

I lost my wallet complete with RAF Form 1250 while out in Roermond...after a b0llocking of the RAF Plod Sargent on duty in the guardroom,twas issued with a temporary chit & billed 25Dm the next day when I went to P1 to get a new one.

stacker1 said:
supermatelot said:
ready to be used for squaddie discount when I finally get out.
Always handy to "lose" the ID about 3 months prior to coming out.
Not so much any more, they all have an expiry date now.
But that date doesn't tie in with the end of your service, it's just an arbitrary period from when it was issued, 4 years on mine. Goes beyond my end of service.

Expiry date?

One of the finest sports in the navy is seeing what the most imaginitave "card" you can flash as you go through the gates to a certain dockyard.

Barclaycard certainly is accepted almost everywhere!

verticalgyro said:
stacker1 said:
supermatelot said:
ready to be used for squaddie discount when I finally get out.
Always handy to "lose" the ID about 3 months prior to coming out.
Not so much any more, they all have an expiry date now.
Still have my first of the "new" plastic issued ones. Dated 1994. An RAF copper suggested it might be worthwhile if I went and got a new one. I suggested I was going for the record of having one card for 22 Years. He gave me a confused look. These Crabs really do exist on another planet.
That's RAF coppers for you...The's still a few blokes I know who have hung onto their old 1250 id card & have no intention of changing to the MoD90.
Our TA (Norn Iron) ones were changed over to MoD90's about 2 years ago.

I asked once why we had a different one than the regs/ta in England & was told 'it's so the IRA can tell you're not regular army or UDR....... 8O!! I sh1t you not!!

supermatelot said:
Expiry date?

One of the finest sports in the navy is seeing what the most imaginitave "card" you can flash as you go through the gates to a certain dockyard.

Barclaycard certainly is accepted almost everywhere!
You can get in that certain dockyard with a Tony the Tiger frosties club card too.

Some years ago there was a rapist terrorising the birds in a block of flats I lived in. No, this is not a confession.

Plod moved into some covert observation positions. One night my wife and I came back from a party and I dropped her by our front door, then reversed back to park before heading down to the flat. Suddenly three blokes, dressed as you imagine only the most gung-ho bill watching coppers in plain clothes might dress, leapt out of the wheelie bin they had been lurking in. One produced his wallet and flashed a piece of plastic at me.

Adrenalin coursing through his veins he pushed it out in my face. "Yes" I nonchalantly said "a Barclaycard, so what?"

The look on his face as he then riffled through the standard mid-eighties collection of plastic looking for his warrant card, which he then finally dropped at my feet, was Barclaycard priceless. As no doubt was the bar bill, when his two oppos had finished briefing the entire Reading CID and he had been appropriately "crated".

Latest Threads