Lost medal Help??

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by fool_hardy, Oct 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hey guys,
    I seem to have lost my Afghanistan Medal (Sept 06-Feb 07 with clasp and rosette). Somehow got lost in the move from Germany to my new posting in the UK. Can anybody tell me how i go about getting a new one, how long it will take, whether it will have my details enscribed, cost, etc etc??

    All advice very much appreciated, thanks.
  2. from what l gather, you can apply but if your in a hurry prob better getting one of the replacements fom those that advertise at the back of soldier mag??

    They will have 'copy' on them unfortunately
  3. Go on Ebay, they have replacements on there for about 30 pounds. Could try going through your Admin Office and enquire about a genuine replacement from the medal office at a small cost, point to note, the replacement will have a small 'R' on the back though.
  4. Don't worry mate. It can be done just have a word with your "Friendly" SSA/ Docs Supver in the RAO or what ever they call 'em these days and they will apply for a replacement. There will be a cost but not much. Don't let them fcuk you off and certainly don't let think they are doing you a favour!! There is a process.