Lost marbles

mandownmedic

Old-Salt
Can you help me settle an argument please?
There was an AMS competition (it may have been TA/Reserves only) that focused on medical skills and a bit of ruffy tuffy stuff.
A bit like the AMS Pegasus competition but less tabbing & driving LR with a blindfold and more of the above.
Anyone remember what it was called?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Black / Log Viper?

( They didn't want Richard Curtis /Rowan Atkinson suing the gonads off them)

Caduceus = staff with snake entwined. Medical crest.
1557875248581.png

Count_Zero

Swinger
There was an AMS competition (it may have been TA/Reserves only) that focused on medical skills and a bit of ruffy tuffy stuff.
A bit like the AMS Pegasus competition but less tabbing & driving LR with a blindfold and more of the above.
AMSTAP..?

It was the Walkover competition. Named after Col then Gen Walker.

Pegasus was the more physical competition ran by 144 PFA. Both were for Reserves only.

They merged to become AMSTAP (AMS TA Patrol competition.) Now called AMSTTE which has both regular and Reserve units competing.

Last edited:

Count_Zero

Swinger

Pegasus was the more physical competition ran by 144 PFA. Both were for Reserves only.

They merged to become AMSTAP (AMS TA Patrol competition.) Now called AMSTEE which has both regular and Reserve units competing.
I took part in a few AMSTAP competitions as one of the obligatory non medical personnel, at least it was then, in the naughties (Driver/RadOp). The first was a last minute scratch built "voluntold" team when about two thirds of the unit were away on Telic. I always got caught as an ex-Inf type. We got the "You're rubbish, but plucky" award that year. But I still proudly display my tankard for second in AMSTAP from the year later! Never did that well after that, not when I was there anyway...

I've got to ask, what does the TEE mean?

I took part in a few AMSTAP competitions as one of the obligatory non medical personnel, at least it was then, in the naughties (Driver/RadOp). The first was a last minute scratch built "voluntold" team when about two thirds of the unit were away on Telic. I always got caught as an ex-Inf type. We got the "You're rubbish, but plucky" award that year. But I still proudly display my tankard for second in AMSTAP from the year later! Never did that well after that, not when I was there anyway...

I've got to ask, what does the TEE mean?

I edited it to TTE............Tactical Training Exercise. I know.....shit isn't, it.

Last edited:

mandownmedic

Old-Salt

They merged to become AMSTAP (AMS TA Patrol competition.) Now called AMSTTE which has both regular and Reserve units competing.
Thats the one!
Cheers Mucker

Latest Threads