Lost Email

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi Troops I've lost an Email sign in . Ive spoken to my ISP helpline but to be honest I could hardly understand them both times .

I'm trying to add an existing e mail address to my ISP control centre. As you are almost certainly aware you have to add the Address then add the password.
The existing address works fine , however the existing password wont connect . ( we have the what should be the correct password on a list )

So I press forgotten password and it sends a link to MY EXISTING EMAIL which I cant get into because I dont have a PASSWORD .
There are no options available to send the link to my phone etc just to the blocked E mail .

If I try and set it up as a NEW account it tells me that " this email address is not available "
I spent over five and a half hours over two days with my ISP going round and round and getting no where .

So I'm turning to the font of all knowledge to ask if I can grab the e mails at the server somehow please ?
Has anyone else entered this ground hog event and how did you get out of it .

I should add that when this Email was set up in outlook we pulled off some 14.5 emails from 2016 to end feb this year . !

My isp does have a terrible rating for support and it s one of the big ones .

TamH70

MIA
Hi Troops I've lost an Email sign in . Ive spoken to my ISP helpline but to be honest I could hardly understand them both times .

I'm trying to add an existing e mail address to my ISP control centre. As you are almost certainly aware you have to add the Address then add the password.
The existing address works fine , however the existing password wont connect . ( we have the what should be the correct password on a list )

So I press forgotten password and it sends a link to MY EXISTING EMAIL which I cant get into because I dont have a PASSWORD .
There are no options available to send the link to my phone etc just to the blocked E mail .

If I try and set it up as a NEW account it tells me that " this email address is not available "
I spent over five and a half hours over two days with my ISP going round and round and getting no where .

So I'm turning to the font of all knowledge to ask if I can grab the e mails at the server somehow please ?
Has anyone else entered this ground hog event and how did you get out of it .

I should add that when this Email was set up in outlook we pulled off some 14.5 emails from 2016 to end feb this year . !

My isp does have a terrible rating for support and it s one of the big ones .
What one? Being shy about it won't help matters as it screws with my Google/Bing-Fu.

You are meant to use a different email account for password reset codes to be sent to. Unless you have access to the recovery account (or the source account in your case) you are stuffed. Unless . . .

Or a mobile phone number in Outlook (and all the other MS email apps). Dunno about gmail etc.

There is obviously a pretty good reason for your predicament. Had you joined today to ask that question you would probably have got the bums rush.

Have you stored the password anywhere - on a phone or tablet for example.

Is there a password hint?

Unless it is your "special" email account for downloading grumble does your missus know what it is.

There is no way on earth you can download the emails from the providers server (at least not unless you are remarkably good at hacking).

Latest Threads