lost discharge papers

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jackboots, Oct 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I served in the ta in the late 80s early 90s and was issued with my discharge papers when i left,i now need them for the dept of work and pensions but cannot find them,does anyone know how i can obtain a copy of them.

    thanks in advance,

  2. It says on the certificate of discharge that you cannot get a replacement, unless you lost the old one due to exceptional circumstances.

    You could always try telling them that your house burnt down I suppose.

  3. Thanks T_T will try any way, you never know i may get lucky.
  4. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Just apply for your records under FOI and inside should be the pampas pages with your discharge also some scary personell reports written by bitter and twisted OC's!
  5. Finally recieved news about my lost discharge papers,i was told i could not be issued with another set as they do not hold copies in your personel files ,but they could issue me with a statement of service letter,this gives the same details as your discharge papers, so for any one else in the same boat (or truck)
    the contact details are below,
    Army Personel Centre
    Civil Secretariat
    Historical Disclosures
    Mail Point 400,
    Kentigern House,
    65 Brown Street,
    Telephone 0141 224 2826
    Fax 0141 224 2144
    Email disc4.civec@apc.army.mod.uk,
  6. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Ask for your records under FOI and it should all be on the PAMPAS!