Lost any kit recently? Plod has!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The_Majors_Son, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. See Here for news about missing kit.
    It is not meant as plod bashing per se, but it is quite shocking how much gear, especially radio, that they have lost. I don;t know how much airwave kits cost but that must be a fortune, not to mention a security risk.

Does someone not have to account for this kit personally? Does the army lose as much?

Discuss

TMS

Ps can we not have a Plod baiting for the sake of it.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Perhaps if they manned these places....

Bit of a damning report if all true, not sure of the big deal about a 50p toilet roll though. :)

3. 50p for a toilet roll........... that must be quality stuff!

4. I think that is an example of the devil being in the detail...maybe?

5. Someone failed an internal 'attitude test' no doubt.

6. sod being the rqms.

7. I thought I was going to get babooned for losing some of my issued kit!

How the fuck do you lose your police dog?!?!?!

8. Some of the kit mentioned in the article you can understand, but the three dogs and 27 motor vehicles had me giggling :D

At the end of the day coppers, like squaddies, are human. Where humans are at work, stuff is going to get lost or get nicked. "It´s bright, shiny, not nailed down, so it belongs to me syndrome"

Either that or the "Yes I was the last bloody vehicle in the packet and no the tailgate of the trailer wasn´t up and yes all the bloody jerrycans did fall off the back"

Shit happens and not just to coppers and squaddies :wink:

9. Doubt that very much

10. Were they guard dogs? ...

11. During a tour of the Falklands in 89, the RAF Police had delivery of a brand-new dog, flown in from the UK and issued to its handler. He took it out for its first 'walkies' and as soon as it was let off the lead, it saw an upland goose and belted off after it into the distance. The red faced Snowdrop then had to slope back into camp and report what had happened. I have no idea if the mutt was ever seen again.

'You don't have to be a pilot to fly in the RAF', but it might help you find your lost kit.

12. Jesus H bloody Plodding Christ!

I can understand losing hats n helmets, they fall off when chasing people and are frequently stolen by the public!

But cars! FFS!

losing baton and handcuffs is a bit naughty too, weapons and all that.

13. Come on, be fair! how many weapons has the Armed Forces lost over the years? Didn't an Int Corps Captain leave her 9mm in a Sainsbury's Toilet?

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...'

I am willing to bet that if we were to list all the 'missing' equipment over the same period it would come to a far higher figure - not including the kit destroyed and left behind as unsalvageable in Iraq/Afghanistan.

14. Like the "Spare" 432 Ambulance at MG at one point that nobody knew about? or the £250,000 worth of Sigs Kit at UKNSE that nobody could track or produce 1033's for?

15. If I lost 1% of the kit the police do, work would have me strung up the nearest transmitter by my working parts.

I don't know what the total police inventory is like but it can't be much bigger than my companies and we know where 99.9% is and why.

Is asset tracking not a word in the police dictionary.

TMS