Lost all our women

Discussion in 'ACF' started by walting_matilda, Jan 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps,

Our detachment has lost all our women AIs!! What are the rules and regulations for female cover as we have a 2:1 ratio (female to males).

is awaiting sexist and inappropriate comments….

2. If you get really stuck, try asking for volunter from the cadet's parents. If they don't fancy becomming AIs, then how about CIs?

Just a thought.

3. Whereabouts are ya?

4. Try asking your Coy commander or go to county HQ and ask it's all in your local standing orders.................but then you knew that didn't you..............

5. I did know that........ but get told to be creative.

6. Do you accept dogooding colonials on a temporary basis? Been a long time since I had anything to do with the Cadets, but I'm sure I'd get the ins and outs of it in no time at all, hopefully leading to an in-depth and comprehensive knowledge. PM me, yeah?

7. Technically you are *supposed* to have a female instructor if you have female cadets (though there is no rule requiring a male instructor for male cadets). In practice there are many detachments that don't have a female instructor but do have female cadets. It isn't really a huge issue for detachment nights and I have never had or heard of anyone else having an issues arising at detachment due to a lack of female cover.

Female cover is definitely a requirement for overnight stays.

Try recruiting but in the meantime I wouldn't worry too much. What are you going to do? Kick out all your female cadets?

• Like Like x 1

8. Start turning up wearing a dress,

Then see how quickly your county finds a proper gender cover.

9. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I had a similar issue with a scout unit I ran - was told I had to accept girls into the unit but was also told that without a female leader (which we didn't have and no parent's offered to help - even the parent's of the girls wanting to join) I was at risk if a girl needed medical attention and overnight camps.

My answer was to tell them to get stuffed, quit and moved locations 100 miles away - possibly a bit extreme...

S_R

10. Careless, where did you see them last?

11. TurtleHead

TurtleHead Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Ah, creativity the AI's best friend when the 'management' have no answer.

Company Training Officer:' so TurtleHead, I understand your question, but how about getting a bit creative and using your initiative?'

TurtleHead: ' because it it very hard to give a blank firing demonstration without any blank ammunition or an implement with which to fire it'

Unfortunately these days if you ask a simple question or request help the stock answer for 90% of people seems to be ' use your initiative' or 'google is your friend'

• Like Like x 1
  12. Depending on your location, chat with your local AFCO/ACA. They MIGHT be able to square you away with some Army Recruiting Team support for overnight female cover. They'll already be CRB'd etc as well which is a bonus.

Be aware, if you treat the ART staff well they'll probably go out of their way to help you. If you mess them around they won't. Additionally, don't rely on their support as a routine thing as they're usually busy doing crappy, low recruiting value bouncy castle support to village fetes over the summer weekends so said ACA can get theirballs licked by the local councillor.

13. Interesting. The solution that is always offered around my way is "BAG PACK"

No matter what the problem is, apparently it can be cured by a charity bag back in the local supermarket.

"But sir, I've got no clothes for the troops"

"BAG PACK!"

"But I've got no stores"

"Have you thought about raising money via a bag pack?"

"Sir, this Cadet is dead"

"Have you tried packing him in a bag?"

Repeat ad nauseum....

• Like Like x 1
  14. TurtleHead

TurtleHead Old-Salt Book Reviewer

So true, usually is bag packing is successful you may not be surprised to find the words ' how about a donation to company funds' uttered

• Like Like x 1
  15. At which point they are often politely told to do one. My lads raised the cash, I will spend it on my lads.