Loss of synchronisation - or deleted posts - or ROP consequences?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by tiny_lewis, Jan 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CO's

I'm getting email updates of posts that don't appear in threads: (I've abbreviated the contents)

11:32 Uboat has just replied to a thread Introduce Yourself - in the ARRSE Social "Just like so many previous I have been a watcher from a far for a while... Thanks."

11:32 zero-over has just replied to a thread "Liverpool: full of *****?" - in the Naafi: "as usual the... Liverpool echo"

These messages dont appear in the threads.

05:02 Tober has just replied to a thread:"northern ireland criminals - in current affairs: "14"

The posts says "12", and has no edit tag?

No idea if this is simply a massive coincidence of editing, ROPS, and deleted/withdrawn posts, but as ROPS have been introduced...
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

As you can see from my links all the posts are there. Can you post the links that you've been getting in your email so I can check why they aren't working pse?
  3. I posted my link thing in the Liverpool thread yesterday & it had to wait for approval as I'm new. It only appeared today in the thread, in the right chronological order, at about the time lewis got his email notification.
  4. Bad CO

Ah yes that would be right, the system takes a dim view of new users posting links so I have to verify that they're ok
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ok, I can see the posts by following your links; I can see whats happened:

Over the last four weeks I've not been receiving email notifications. Assumed this was due to load, and said nowt of it. Notifications started again Thurs or Friday.

The U-Boat post is dated 06-01-2012, 22:09. The email notification of this post was sent from Arse Sun 08/01/2012 11:31, approx 36hrs later, and thus the embedded "goto=newpost" took me to the latest post, from Bigbird.

Much the same with zero's post; made yesterday, appeared today as post#zxy, in between two posts, but not as the 'newpost'.

I'm assuming its the same in each case then; the site sent the email notification when the post was created, but the forum wouldn't display it until the post had been authorised, by which time it was no longer the post referenced by the newpost value in the email notification.

The third post still shows the entry "12", and the email notification shows the post content as "14." and no edit tag... odd one.
  6. Bad CO

That does seem odd, I wonder if this happens if the user edits themselves within a small time window after posting?