Loss of seniority on rejoining, now ineligible to promote for 3 years

DuncsGTi

Swinger
I've got a bit of a long winded issue which hopefully someone on here may be able to shed a little light on.

I left the regs Sept 14 on Tranche 3 redundancy as a substansive Cpl and joined the reserve the next day.

Sept 15 I was promoted to Sgt in the reserve.

Dec 15, I decided to transfer back to the regular army (same corps but different regt). I checked the OAVL and saw that there were slots at Cpl but not Sgt so I agreed with the CMO of my chosen regt that I would revert back to Cpl.

When I received a contract offer from Glasgow, it involved a significant pay drop from my previous regular increment so I declined and asked them to reconsider.

2 weeks later I received a second offer with the correct pay increment which I signed to accept with a report date of Apr 16. I also made arrangements at this point to repay a relevant proportion of my redundancy SCP.

What I missed on the second offer letter was that my seniority date had been changed to Apr 16 (it was Nov 09 on the first offer)

Over the course of the last year I have contacted Glasgow (RAC Desk) on numerous occasions to find out why this had happened and today I was finally informed that because I had taken redundancy I have been taken on strength as a trained re-enlister and this is the army's way of "clawing back their pound of flesh" (their words, not mine!!!!!!)

Their general attitude is also "You've signed now, dry your eyes, nothing you can do"

I cannot find any DIN laying this down as policy and when doing my due diligence I referred to:-

2013DIN01-004 Redundancy tranche 3
2014DIN01-213 Reserve to regular transfer policy

In particular, this paragraph

32. Seniority and Pay. Seniority and pay is to be assessed by the CM having consideration for the individual’s previous service (Reserve, Regular and FTRS ) including whether they have incurred any skill fade and their level of experience within the trade being offered43. The level of Seniority is also to be assessed mindful of the requirements of promotion. In terms of pay44, the Incremental Base Date for Yearly Incremental Progression, Incremental Level and Accelerated Incremental Progression (AIP) will be set at an appropriate level that reflects their service to date. The offer letter is to include details of seniority, pay and any AIP the individual will receive on entry or re-entry to the Regular Army, however, this is to carry the caveat that rates of pay may subsequently change and will, therefore, be finalised at the point of entry / re-entry45. Annex D offers guidance for identifying the appropriate pay46 and further assistance can be sought from PS10(A) and DM(A) if necessary.

As far as I can see, this policy is the one which should have been applied to my contract but wasn't.

I received my first SJAR since rejoining today and within the narrative it states "Must be promoted this year" along with the required recommendation and grades, not that any of that matters as my SJAR will be filtered out as I am not eligible until Apr 19 on seniority grounds.

I am on the verge of submitting a service complaint as I feel this is my last option and my CoC is fully supportive of this, but if anyone can help or advise of any other way to address this then I'm all ears.

Cheers for taking the time to read.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
SC it.

I'd go down the service complaint route.

I lelt a RAC Regt in Dec 2013 as a CPL under tranche 3. I then joined a R Sigs unit in 2014 and kept my rank and seniority. I got provisionally approved my the R Sigs for transfer. Had my interview and has told that i would keep my seniority as a CPL.

Chimp

ADC
Take it up through CoC if no joy SC.

spaz

LE
I've got a bit of a long winded issue which hopefully someone on here may be able to shed a little light on.

I left the regs Sept 14 on Tranche 3 redundancy as a substansive Cpl and joined the reserve the next day.

Sept 15 I was promoted to Sgt in the reserve.

Dec 15, I decided to transfer back to the regular army (same corps but different regt). I checked the OAVL and saw that there were slots at Cpl but not Sgt so I agreed with the CMO of my chosen regt that I would revert back to Cpl.

When I received a contract offer from Glasgow, it involved a significant pay drop from my previous regular increment so I declined and asked them to reconsider.

2 weeks later I received a second offer with the correct pay increment which I signed to accept with a report date of Apr 16. I also made arrangements at this point to repay a relevant proportion of my redundancy SCP.

What I missed on the second offer letter was that my seniority date had been changed to Apr 16 (it was Nov 09 on the first offer)

Over the course of the last year I have contacted Glasgow (RAC Desk) on numerous occasions to find out why this had happened and today I was finally informed that because I had taken redundancy I have been taken on strength as a trained re-enlister and this is the army's way of "clawing back their pound of flesh" (their words, not mine!!!!!!)

Their general attitude is also "You've signed now, dry your eyes, nothing you can do"

I cannot find any DIN laying this down as policy and when doing my due diligence I referred to:-

2013DIN01-004 Redundancy tranche 3
2014DIN01-213 Reserve to regular transfer policy

In particular, this paragraph

32. Seniority and Pay. Seniority and pay is to be assessed by the CM having consideration for the individual’s previous service (Reserve, Regular and FTRS ) including whether they have incurred any skill fade and their level of experience within the trade being offered43. The level of Seniority is also to be assessed mindful of the requirements of promotion. In terms of pay44, the Incremental Base Date for Yearly Incremental Progression, Incremental Level and Accelerated Incremental Progression (AIP) will be set at an appropriate level that reflects their service to date. The offer letter is to include details of seniority, pay and any AIP the individual will receive on entry or re-entry to the Regular Army, however, this is to carry the caveat that rates of pay may subsequently change and will, therefore, be finalised at the point of entry / re-entry45. Annex D offers guidance for identifying the appropriate pay46 and further assistance can be sought from PS10(A) and DM(A) if necessary.

As far as I can see, this policy is the one which should have been applied to my contract but wasn't.

I received my first SJAR since rejoining today and within the narrative it states "Must be promoted this year" along with the required recommendation and grades, not that any of that matters as my SJAR will be filtered out as I am not eligible until Apr 19 on seniority grounds.

I am on the verge of submitting a service complaint as I feel this is my last option and my CoC is fully supportive of this, but if anyone can help or advise of any other way to address this then I'm all ears.

Cheers for taking the time to read.
Not being jack mate but I reckon you're screwed, you accepted the offer they laid out.

I have a few friends in a similar situation, although the didn't have to pay back any of their redundancy.

You should also be aware that your 75/05 pension can't be combined with your 15 one. Basically this means you'll get 2 shit pensions rather than one good one.

Latest Threads