Loss of MTDs: Impact on OTC?

Discussion in 'OTC' started by msr, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Just wondering how this is affecting the OTCs? Are there mass applications for the TASO scheme?

msr

2. At London we've had no more 1st years drop out than normal. We've had no applications to become TASOs as we haven't had any TA units in yet. As most of the units left it to the OTC to pay the TASOs for all but a couple of weekends and their summer camp I am wondering if that will change in the wake of recent events....

3. Not in my expreience, although it is early days yet. Plus, I was under the impression most TA units will only take on a TASO if he/she has passed main board and it will be a while until the current intake do that. As for second and third years Ive not heard of a great deal who have. All Ocdt's are under the impression pay will resume come April so many are just sticking through it.

4. I asked my (Rifles) CSM whether there was any point becoming a Rifles TASO (I'm a 2nd year) and he said all the extra weekends were off. If the TASO scheme continues operating, it will be a shadow of its former self.

5. Yes, but unless you are top of pile the and also committing to board, RMAS and unit, you'll get nothing.