Loss of leave when signing off.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BOMBHEED, Sep 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When trying to calculate an exit date from the army, I have been informed that I need to deduct 2 1/2 days leave for every month I have left up to the 31st March. (End of leave yr) True or False?

2. Not 100% sure on the exact numbers but True

You do not do the full years service so are not entitled to the full years Leave pass

3. 30 working day's annual leave divided by 12 months = 2.5 days/month.

Absolutely true!

Litotes

4. Yeah, but balance that loss against the 6 weeks resettlement leave you get!! :)

5. And your months terminal leave too!

6. I was told that i will be getting 2 1/2 days per month next leave year, like biscuits and zoid said balance that with resettlement and termination leave.

Time is ticking down.

Sparky

7. :cry:

You get 2.5 day's for each month served after 01/04 (the start of the new leave year) excluding the Terminal Leave month only.

8. Your clerks should abait your leave entitlement upon you signing the AFB 2694 (Acknowledgement of your amendment to your terms of service), which will be sent to your RAO by your MCM Div @ Glasgow, taking into account your discharge date and your Terminal Leave start date, deducting the 2.5 days per month accordingly.

9. THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES, MUCH APPRECIATED. I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION!
    WHEN WORKING OUT TIME SERVED I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT MY TIME STARTS FROM THE TIME I COMMENCED TRAINING! EVEN THOUGH I SIGNED ON 2 WEEKS BEFORE THAT DATE. THIS WAS DONE TO COVER THE CHRISTMAS BREAK, SIGNED ON IN DEC, BUT DIDN’T START TRAINING UNTIL JAN.
    SURELY THE CLOCK STARTS TICKING FROM THE DATE YOU TAKE YOUR ATTESTATION AS YOU THEN COME UNDER ARMY LAW. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE RAF WORK OUT TIME SERVED FROM THE DATE OF ATTESTATION.
    LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR COMMENTS.

10. Yep, I know this is a bummer, however, this is correct, you attestation date can be different from your enlistment date, remember that pensionable service is paid service and you do not start paid service until you commence training, Pension Date is Date of Enlistment, not attestation, or 18 birthday, which ever is the latter, sorry. :(

11. Yea 2 weeks is nothing, I joined up at 16 so I have over a years service that counts for fcuk all.

12. Yep, they did not tell you that when you were being sworn in and given the queens shilling, ive got 2 months between attestation and me joining for training and a further 6 months NON RECONABLE SERVICE as I was only 17 when I enlisted. 2 dates to remember RMSD (Reconable Man Service Date) - 17.5 birthday or date of enlistment, whichever the latter, this date is used to work out service matters i.e. date due LS & GC, and Pension date (18 birthday or date of enlistment, again, which ever is the latter) used for calculationg pension due dates, immediate and preserved