Loss of flying pay on PVR

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by penguin, Mar 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A quick question to the educated as I have been out the loop for a while. Am I right in thinking that if I want to leave at the end of 2013 and put my notice in the required year earlier I will lose all my flying pay? Thanks

2. Are you going to be flying in your last year or on resettlement?

3. At present, your flying pay will be cut by 50% once you have signed off. I hear it is going to change to losing 100% of flying pay in the future. Of course, if you are in receipt of PES(A), it makes no difference.

CC_TA. Yes he more than likely will be flying in his last year. Even right up to his last day.

The rational behind flying pay is it is 50% a retention pay. Once youve signed off, it isn't required to retain. Not my thoughts, just the rules.

4. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I bet they'd struggle like fcuk to enforce them should someone have the knackers to fight it.

Is SF pay etc the same?

5. Thanks for the replys. I will be flying up until the day I leave, however will be threaders if I lose all my flying pay. If I PVR is it still 12 months notice?

6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

When I PVRd I was out in 48 hours.

I thought it was 12 months if you signed off?

Bear in mind Ive been out a long time so I will be well and truly out of touch

7. I think that I must be getting confused somewhere, I want to leave after my 16 year pension point with still time to serve on my Commission so thought I would have to PVR, I would be much happier to just sign off and give a years notice and not lose flying pay before leaving. I will have to give JPAC a call.

8. How long do you have left on your contract? If its only a year or two, may as well let it run and not lose flying pay. Better to speak to the shiny arses over at RHQ to be honest.