Loss of Control

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by lumpy2, Sep 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just flipped and screamed "FUCK OFF!!!!!" down the telephone at some cold caller.

Anyone else lost their usual zen-like calm lately, and let some poor innocent have it??

And should I feel guilty?

2. I woke up in a strange womans bed one once.

She was dead and I was covered in blood.

Does that count?

3. I kicked one of my co workers today, some cunt shouted fuck off at me down the phone, still all in a days work at the call centre.

4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I preserve my zen-like calm in a different way. When I get an annoying cold caller, I simply put down the telephone handset - carefully making no noise. I then let the handset gabble away into thin air while I get on with something productive.

With any luck they'll talk for a couple of minutes before realizing that the conversation is 100% one-sided. There then usually follows a minute of so of "hello - are you there?" before they give up and ring off.

Very satisfying...

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 1
  5. did once got called at 0100 by a cold caller.
    was so pissed off just asked the woman if she was wearing panties & was moist.
    got called an fecking pervert and had the phone put down on me.
    never got cold calls for a while, probably put on the black list!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I did the same last week. And no, you should not feel guilty.

The cnuts deserve it for nit having a real job.

Rodney2q

7. I've given the odd one a dirty phone call back, it never lasts long, but I usually either tell them to "Fuck off", or pass the phone to the nearest small child. I once just let the dog lick the handset once, had to give it a good clean afterwards.

I'm limited to just telling them to "Fuck off" asking what colour knickers they're wearing now, so it seems not all is lost

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just done exactly the same to some cunt from a call centre who kept asking me about a traffic accident that "someone at that address has had in the past 3 years". After being told to fuck off he called back immediately, I asked him which part of Fuck Off he didn't understand. He then got abusive and called me a "white cunt", a wanker and an arsehole (I can only assume he's met me), now he keeps calling back every couple of minutes with more abuse, still it's his phone bill.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I`ll second that. I think there is a little device you can buy that, when the double glazing and fitted kitchen cold callers call, is capable of perforating their eardrums by sending a high frequency pulse down the mouthpiece. If it doesn`t exist it should.

10. "CID, duty sergeant" seems to clear the line pretty sharpish.

• Like Like x 1

11. Did exactly the same a few months ago..... he kept ringing back and my replies got worse and worse, as far as I'm concerned they are thieves and criminals and deserve all the evil abuse you can give them.

12. I don't think "what a puff" goes anywhere near the level of hermerosity

13. It's called 'a whistle'.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Not for a while but i have medication :) There is an arrser that knows the answer to that question.

• Like Like x 1
  15. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Wife's playground whistle from when she was a teacher has a satisfying note to it.

Otherwise one can lay the phone down ever so silently and quietly creep away.

Or be blisteringly, disgustingly rude to them in the hope of spoiling their entire day, if one has the leisure.