lords select committie debates scrapping OAP's concessions.

Whilst not actually a concession,some bloke lives near me.He's 59 his wife is 74.He was moaning to me the other day that the Guaranteed Pension Credit they have enjoyed for several years is being cut in mid May.Her age is being accounted for, he is being disqualified from the benefit.
So instead of some £255.00 per week they will now receive about £135.00 "What will we do then"? he asked me, just as he ordered his third pint...

Scrap the lords

Scrap handing out benefits in any form to immigrants

Scrap paying towards international aid

Scrap the funding of half-wit "environmental" schemes that do **** all in the long run

Reduce taxes on business, to a point where its cheaper to just pay it then mess about trying to hide it

Employ quantity surveyors, buyers etc.. who actually have a clue about their industry and the products they're requesting so that they don't get the piss ripped out of them. £60 a pizza base or some such nonsense was going about a few years ago. £10 a lightbulb.

Stop privatising anything and everything and to the lowest bidder, and expect it all to just magically "work-out"

Start buying more off the shelf merchandise. Rather then paying out the rear end for a British company to design some half-hearted effort, costing about 5x more, before anything actually hits the production line..

Provide incentives to foreign investors to come to the UK. Our manufacturing industry at the moment is a joke compared to what it could of been.

You could scrap probably a quarter of all government facilities, offices and staffing by getting rid of the ridiculous amount of bureaucracy infesting the current administration at all levels.

And many, many more...

Bloody liberal......

Whilst not actually a concession,some bloke lives near me.He's 59 his wife is 74.He was moaning to me the other day that the Guaranteed Pension Credit they have enjoyed for several years is being cut in mid May.Her age is being accounted for, he is being disqualified from the benefit.
So instead of some £255.00 per week they will now receive about £135.00 "What will we do then"? he asked me, just as he ordered his third pint...
Three pints the cunt. Off to the poorhouse for him

Shocking. Every man should enter pension age struggling to find the price for a pint.
If you were my pub companion i’d Be reaching for the house doubles you daft cunt

Would it be better if he took a lump- hammer to her ankles, then registered as her carer ?

Three pints the ****. Off to the poorhouse for him

Shocking. Every man should enter pension age struggling to find the price for a pint.
If you were my pub companion i’d Be reaching for the house doubles you daft ****
Be careful you don't injure yourself falling from your moral high ground. I'd hate for you to have to rely on poverty level benefits.

The chances are you that far from paying your dues, you have been claiming more than you have put it.

Old ******* are always going on about "paying in all their lives" they dont count child benefit, the NHS, council services etc that they have also been taking out all their lives, the national debt has risen nearly every year since it started, but you dont see many people voting for parties that dont want to bribe the voters.
This! Grips my shit. "Been working all my life, paid my taxes etc etc..."

Roughly 51% of national revenue comes from income tax and national insurance; the remainder coming from indirect taxes and business tax.

Of the income tax generated the top 1% of taxpayers generate nearly 30% of tax revenue, and the top 50% of taxpayers generate 90% of revenue. I'd argue further that top tax-payers are almost certainly much less of a burden on the state (private health, education, less likelihood of crime and security issues etc).

So the people that have paid the most, claim the least.

I'm fed up of hearing pensioners bleating that the world owes them a living. They've had 40+ of working lives to get their finances in order, including free university education, cheap housing, mainly excellent public services, particularly the NHS, local doctors and hospitals. Hell, when I was a kid even the bins got emptied every week.

Successive governments have desperately avoided increasing taxes, fiddling with pensions and the sacred cow that is the NHS.

Its time to put up fu:!:cking taxes, reform pension and do something about the fu:|cking NHS, start with charging £20 to see a doctor...

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Difficult to imagine a more deliberately ageist move than this by the HoL Committee.

This! Grips my shit. "Been working all my life, paid my taxes etc etc..."

Roughly 51% of national revenue comes from income tax and national insurance; the remainder coming from indirect taxes and business tax.

Of the income tax generated the top 1% of taxpayers generate nearly 30% of tax revenue, and the top 50% of taxpayers generate 90% of revenue. I'd argue further that top tax-payers are almost certainly much less of a burden on the state (private health, education, less likelihood of crime and security issues etc).

So the people that have paid the most, claim the least.

I'm fed up of hearing pensioners bleating that the world owes them a living. They've had 40+ of working lives to get their finances in order, including free university education, cheap housing, mainly excellent public services, particularly the NHS, local doctors and hospitals. Hell, when I was a kid even the bins got emptied every week.

Successive governments have desperately avoided increasing taxes, fiddling with pensions and the sacred cow that is the NHS.

Its time to put up fu:!:cking taxes, reform pension and do something about the fu:|cking NHS, start with charging £20 to see a doctor...

Christ next you will be telling me that I am a scrounger because we used to get a 1/3 pint of milk at school - FREE

Archie

Or a sensible move. Lots of parasites, don't need the cash, but the grasping bastards have still got their sticky paws out for any and all handouts.
Hand outs given to them legitimately and then withdrawn?

I genuinely think half the arrserati posting on these thread would cut anyone’s throat rather than see anyone get anything for any reason.

Yoof are snowflake arrseholes, the old are parasites, poor working families need to work harder, brown people NO. Fags and lezzers NO. Lefties NO. Disabled, WAnkers.

There is no end to their irrational hatred of pretty much every one:mrgreen:

What would make them happy?

Hand outs given to them legitimately and then withdrawn?

I genuinely think half the arrserati posting on these thread would cut anyone’s throat rather than see anyone get anything for any reason.

Yoof are snowflake arrseholes, the old are parasites, poor working families need to work harder, brown people NO. Fags and lezzers NO. Lefties NO. Disabled, *******.

There is no end to their irrational hatred of pretty much every one:mrgreen:

What would make them happy?
It's not often you're right, but you're wrong again. I believe if you don't need it you shouldn't take it. That way there's a bigger cake to share with those who do need it. Why should I get a cold weather bribe from the government when I don't need it and some other poor fucker is freezing to death?

Couldn't he self identify as being 65, self identifying is all the rage these days so give it a try

It's not often you're right, but you're wrong again. I believe if you don't need it you shouldn't take it. That way there's a bigger cake to share with those who do need it. Why should I get a cold weather bribe from the government when I don't need it and some other poor ****** is freezing to death?
It would cost more to means test every moany auld cunt than the payment costs rolled out to all

You’ll fucking hate my take on universal basic income :mrgreen:

Ah you must live in England, the rest of us are used to free prescriptions and we don't have to be retired to get them

All funded by the generosity of English taxpayers
I hope your next shit's a hedgehog.