lords select committie debates scrapping OAP's concessions.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Makes you wonder how the country is in so much debt with all these old ******* paying in so much.
All needing new hips....

PRICING

COMPLEX HIP REPLACEMENT
Initial consultation
Hospital fees
N/A​
Consultants fees
£200​
Diagnostic investigations
Hospital fees
Included​
Consultants fees
N/A​
Main treatment
Hospital fees
£11,676​
Consultants fees
Included​
Post discharge care
Hospital fees
Included​
Consultants fees
Included​
Total
£11,876​

Ah you must live in England, the rest of us are used to free prescriptions and we don't have to be retired to get them

All funded by the generosity of English taxpayers
It's not just you, we send money to other 3rd world shitholes around the globe . My piss is boiling as I fumble at the buttons. I may go full gammon.

All needing new hips....

PRICING

COMPLEX HIP REPLACEMENT
Initial consultation
Hospital fees
N/A​
Consultants fees
£200​
Diagnostic investigations
Hospital fees
Included​
Consultants fees
N/A​
Main treatment
Hospital fees
£11,676​
Consultants fees
Included​
Post discharge care
Hospital fees
Included​
Consultants fees
Included​
Total
£11,876​
I know someone that waited over ten years for a hip replacement, the pain got to much so they took a loan out and went private

But then she does live in Wales where the NHS is run by the Labour Party, so maybe it is a bad example

Scrap the lords

Scrap handing out benefits in any form to immigrants

Scrap paying towards international aid

Scrap the funding of half-wit "environmental" schemes that do fuck all in the long run

Reduce taxes on business, to a point where its cheaper to just pay it then mess about trying to hide it

Employ quantity surveyors, buyers etc.. who actually have a clue about their industry and the products they're requesting so that they don't get the piss ripped out of them. £60 a pizza base or some such nonsense was going about a few years ago. £10 a lightbulb.

Stop privatising anything and everything and to the lowest bidder, and expect it all to just magically "work-out"

Start buying more off the shelf merchandise. Rather then paying out the rear end for a British company to design some half-hearted effort, costing about 5x more, before anything actually hits the production line..

Provide incentives to foreign investors to come to the UK. Our manufacturing industry at the moment is a joke compared to what it could of been.

You could scrap probably a quarter of all government facilities, offices and staffing by getting rid of the ridiculous amount of bureaucracy infesting the current administration at all levels.

And many, many more...

The Lords...the most expensive OAP creche in the world..£300 a day to sleep in a well heated hall.

Scrap the lords

Scrap handing out benefits in any form to immigrants

Scrap paying towards international aid

Scrap the funding of half-wit "environmental" schemes that do **** all in the long run

Reduce taxes on business, to a point where its cheaper to just pay it then mess about trying to hide it

Employ quantity surveyors, buyers etc.. who actually have a clue about their industry and the products they're requesting so that they don't get the piss ripped out of them. £60 a pizza base or some such nonsense was going about a few years ago. £10 a lightbulb.

Stop privatising anything and everything and to the lowest bidder, and expect it all to just magically "work-out"

Start buying more off the shelf merchandise. Rather then paying out the rear end for a British company to design some half-hearted effort, costing about 5x more, before anything actually hits the production line..

Provide incentives to foreign investors to come to the UK. Our manufacturing industry at the moment is a joke compared to what it could of been.

You could scrap probably a quarter of all government facilities, offices and staffing by getting rid of the ridiculous amount of bureaucracy infesting the current administration at all levels.

And many, many more...
Wasn't it closer to £100 a lightbulb by the time someone had been paid to fit it

The first 20 years tax on PAYE, The last 30 years I was self employed, paying 20% tax, business tax, and tax on my businesses' insurance, VAT on everything I bought in. Council services are paid from my class E council tax,. NI (Tax) paid weekly, 1000 miles a week= petrol tax, and as a self employed man, not eligible for ANY government hand-outs, and when out of work, living on our savings, as for child benefits, even aunt Betty was eligible. Army service, I paid tax. army reserve bounty, 30% Tax.so, tell me again, how much I haven't contributed?..... Oh, almost forgot, my army pension is taxed, as is my small private pension.

Edit:- Born free, and taxed to death.
You're still well in pocket from what you have received from the state. Particularly as for your army time you didn't pay tax. You where given some cash from the exchequer which they in turn received from someone who generated some wealth, of which you then gave some back. So far from paying in, you took out.

Young people say it's not fair that old people get all this stuff "for free"... having been born into a world literally already built by those old people. You might as well ask if it's fair for young people to be allowed to use all the infrastructure and services even before they've contributed anything.

If you really want to save some money declare that the NHS is only available to people who have paid NI for 10 years and watch the snowflakes squeal how unfair it is!

crustyrusty

On ROPS
On ROPs
My Mother will write to The Daily mail to complain, yes she is a reader of it!

how can you have spent your whole life paying into concession schemes which were only introduced in the last twenty years or less*

*feel free to google and poke holes in that, i cant be arsed

I know someone that waited over ten years for a hip replacement, the pain got to much so they took a loan out and went private

But then she does live in Wales where the NHS is run by the Labour Party, so maybe it is a bad example
Or they've used up all the available money by giving everyone free prescriptions?

In todays daily Mail. The house of lords( £300 P/D attendance hand out) is recommending that bus passes, and TV licences for the over 75's be scrapped, to make it fairer to the younger generation, it goes on to state that NI contributations that cease at pensionable age, be reinstated if pensioners work beyond their retirement date. There is a whole raft of recommendations in the full article.

*Having worked for over 50 years, paid my dues, done army time, obeyed all the rules and regulations, I feel like all the Old & bold, that we have earned the concessions afforded to us, my father ( still alive) and his generation, who done war service, more so, and these un-elected knobs, some inherited through ancient blood lines, who would not know a hard days graft if it landed on their lap, have got a monumental bloody cheek, and what do the bishops and high church clergy know of want and going without, Fruckhall. My recommendations to them, all of you, piss off to your country estates, and free up the chamber, and elect 100 ordinary intelligent working men and women, who have more than a modicum of real life experiences in the real harsh world that your lot have totally Fcuked up, decide what is required for the population of these islands, I can only quote Cromwell " You have been sat to long here for any good you have been doing, depart I say, and let us have done with you, in the name of god go" April 1653.

* Note to MOD's:- I chose the Naafi bar, as I suspect the reply's may contain some choice and contentious words and phrases.
Welcome to a Tory government. It catches up with everyone in the end

Who did you vote for last time round

Young people say it's not fair that old people get all this stuff "for free"... having been born into a world literally already built by those old people. You might as well ask if it's fair for young people to be allowed to use all the infrastructure and services even before they've contributed anything.

If you really want to save some money declare that the NHS is only available to people who have paid NI for 10 years and watch the snowflakes squeal how unfair it is!
Which young people?