Lord Taylor guilty of expenses fiddling

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

2. Has there been a change in legislation and does he now automatically lose his Peerage as well as suffering any penalties handed down by the Judge ?

3. His defence managed to bring in his "poor" upbringing and racial discrimination. Should have gone for the full monty and suggested that he was abused as a child!
    Is there a system whereby this money can be recouped?

4. His house is a bit pokey for a lord. It's smaller than my house ffs.

5. Hmmm, he obviously is the wrong religion, if he'd been Muslim and not just pigmented, ala the bent Lady uddin see here :- The deserted Kent flat that earned baroness £100,000 - Times Online & lady Warsi, who has just claimed ANOTHER £50,000 for last year see here Baroness Warsi claims £50,000 in expenses, he'd probably get away with it!!

6. A good result.

But still so outrageous and infuriating that the odious, thieving and jumped up useless Uddin still got off virtually scot free and will remain uncharged.

7. My! how standards have dropped. No member of the House of Lords has been suspended since the 18th Century then suddenly many get 'jugged'.

Baroness Uddin, a Labour peer and the first Muslim woman to be appointed to the upper house, is set to be suspended from the Lords for between a year and 18 months, and has agreed to pay back £125,000 in wrongly claimed expenses.
    Lord Paul, another Labour peer and a major party donor, has been recommended for a suspension of between four and six months and has agreed to pay back £40,000.
    Lord Bhatia, who sits as a cross-bencher but has also donated money to Labour, faces a ban of between six and 12 months and is to repay voluntarily £27,000.

None of the above were actually born in the UK and in all three cases the Peerages were either bought or awarded for 'political reasons'

8. Interesting that it was a majority 11-1 verdict.
    Maybe I'm being unfair on the jury who perhaps really did come to an impartial verdict but,
    given that it was Southwark, I wonder if he and his counsel were hoping for the OJ Effect?

9. I am interested in his sentence when it is decided. I would place a month's wages on him not seeing the inside of a jail cell. Let's look at the facts. Taxpayer's money, a position of trust, a position where he should set an example, a well paid job therefore pure greed - no claim of necessity. I reckon if it was me fiddling JPA, I would serve 6 months minimum.

Pity there is no justice in the UK

10. Izzit cos I is black?

11. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I.ll second that. theiving feckers

12. You miss out out Achmed?

What about Archer and Watson?

13. Makes you wonder whether the hereditary system was as bad as it was painted.

14. Sorry, not with you old chap...

15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I think he meant Nazir Ahmed.