Lord of the Rings fans

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by AFA06, Feb 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A British filmaker has made the prequel to the LOR Trilogy - Born of Hope and has released it free on YouTube. Instead of the £200million each of the other three cost, she only spent a mere £25,000.

Not a bad film but you can see it lacks the £1,999,975 in special effects and actors that actually act for money rather than fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qINwCRM8acM

Edited to add - I think I got my maths wrong!

2. I thought the 'HOBBIT' was the prequel to LOR!!

3. I think the Hobbit is due to be released in cinemas in 2012

4. You are right, the Hobbit is 'a' prequel to LOR

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

6. Someone else has already pointed out about The Hobbit (There and Back Again) is the 'prequel' as such to LOTR...

Reading the blurb on the side of the YouTube feed this is more a story off on a slight tangent and some years earlier..... dealing with the Dunedain - perhaps explaining why Aragorn was living in a (self?) imposed exile.

That said, looks quite good.... will no doubt watch and or download it....

7. Thats actually official! the Hobbit is basically as everyone knows the original story as to how Bilbo came across the ring, can't wait myself!

8. For something done on such a small budget and by an independent film maker, the quality and detail is excellent! I only watched the first 10 mins, but looks good.

But as someone said in the comments:

"God Damn, this is like a Lord of the Rings chick flick.

I wish people would just be less corny."

I'd kind of have to agree from what I saw. There's a lot of "Oo arr me lord, I oweth thee my life..eth", etc. which is a bit... crap. But good effort!

9. Is this the "fanflic" they were doing a few years ago ?

Is it based around the Silmarilion ?

10. There is another amateur film called something like the search for gollum, its not as good as the born of hope film either. The official Hobbit film has not come out yet.

11. I prefered the Harvard Lampoons version "Bored of the Rings" with such gems as " He drew his trusty elfen blade, in modern speech this would be a Browning HP35 9mm automatic pistol" it is pure unadulterated crap, but wonderfully funny