Lord Mandy dispenses largesse!

#5
Markintime said:
So, just before announcing the date for a General Election they give us an extra holiday do they?
Cutting it fine.

From wikipedia;
The next United Kingdom general election is due to take place on or before Thursday 3 June 2010, barring exceptional circumstances.
 
#6
Markintime said:
So, just before announcing the date for a General Election they give us an extra holiday do they?
Electoral Commission says:

The five years run from the first meeting of Parliament following a UK Parliamentary general election. The current Parliament was first summoned on Wednesday 11 May 2005, so will cease to exist at midnight on Monday 10 May 2010. A general election to elect the new Parliament must be held by no later than Thursday 3 June 2010.

I notice they are shifting the late May date too
 
#8
"Special commemorative medals are be issued to mark the anniversary, with recipients likely to be those who have shown "tremendous service" to the country."

Guess we'll not see them then, limited to those in government no doubt.
 
#9
vvaannmmaann said:
Markintime said:
So, just before announcing the date for a General Election they give us an extra holiday do they?
Cutting it fine.

From wikipedia;
The next United Kingdom general election is due to take place on or before Thursday 3 June 2010, barring exceptional circumstances.
Yes but they are creating a bit of feel good factor and those voting will know they have an extra holiday coming up. Wont make any difference to me but I'm willing to bet it'll swing a few votes Labour's way. That's why an election after a good World Cup run will return the incumbent party, because of the feel good factor.
 
#10
Queensman said:
Sweet Pete Man-up-the-bum has graciously allowed us another day off!

Whilst I think the idea is a good one - why the hell has it got to be this oily queer little twerp who makes the announcement?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8441972.stm

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
Just so I am clear - you are grateful for the holiday, and agree with the idea, but you are upset that a gay man delivered the news because you hate puffs?

What's the view like from your closet?
 
#12
Bazzinho1977 said:
Queensman said:
Sweet Pete Man-up-the-bum has graciously allowed us another day off!

Whilst I think the idea is a good one - why the hell has it got to be this oily queer little twerp who makes the announcement?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8441972.stm

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
Just so I am clear - you are grateful for the holiday, and agree with the idea, but you are upset that a gay man delivered the news because you hate puffs?

What's the view like from your closet?
Good grief, Rickenbacker. The man is a dishonest chancer who presumably had some interesting photos of Blair and Brown, which have ensured his rise to the nobility. His sexual tendancies are irrelevant.
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#13
I think it is shocking that the Government is giving the Nation a holiday when the country is in such a state.

My feelings on this are not influenced by the fact I have now retired and Bank Holidays mean nowt to me.
 
#15
Schleswig-Holstein said:
I might be walking into Wahistan, but have you noticed that the holiday is in 2012?
Bugger! Even worse then. He's effectively stopped the next Tory Government from making any political capitol from giving us all a holiday!
How on earth did I not notice that in 2010 she'll only have been on the throne 58 years, sprog!
 
#16
I'm wondering how this announcement by the oily, perverted poo-pusher, squares with the equally unpleasant and unpalatable Vera Baird (MP for Redcar) and her views on the Monarchy.

Has this effeminate mishap of a man finished sulking now that his ambition to become some high-flying tosser in Eurineland was foiled by the 'Swamper' Brown?
 
#17
Chef said:
Bazzinho1977 said:
Queensman said:
Sweet Pete Man-up-the-bum has graciously allowed us another day off!

Whilst I think the idea is a good one - why the hell has it got to be this oily queer little twerp who makes the announcement?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8441972.stm

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
Just so I am clear - you are grateful for the holiday, and agree with the idea, but you are upset that a gay man delivered the news because you hate puffs?

What's the view like from your closet?
Good grief, Rickenbacker. The man is a dishonest chancer who presumably had some interesting photos of Blair and Brown, which have ensured his rise to the nobility. His sexual tendancies are irrelevant.
I can say this honestly. I agree with everything you say.

Time to up my medication, methinks!!
 
#18
With various Ministers and others still making noses about Paw Broone, maybe Lord Mandelperson of Foy and Hartlebubble is behind the scenes orchestrating Broone's downfall...... After all, if Lord Pete can smarm his way in further with My Lords and Ladies in the Upper House, then so much the better. Maybe he trying to tunr himself into an 'instituion' like Lilly Savage....

As for Paw Broone.... he should be put into one, as the rotting corpse of Broone's 'Prudence' lays belly up, its entrails out and the stench of economic mismanagement and failure rises to the heavens... (the gist of words somthing similar spoken by Jeremy Paxman on the BBC 2 'Newsnight' Programme when doing a piece about the UKs economic recovery during this eyar, 2010). Yep, I really do think Broone should be ut in an institution...

Lord Peter might be angling, as has been said before.. . "To work with the next Conservative administration'.... now that would be one in the eye for all those traditional Labourites, McBoone included...... Lord Peter is ever :p the political opportunist just like Blair is/was/still is.... .... (all alleged of course)....

The sooner Mandelperson sabotages Broone the better...... after all, the only person Pa Broone listens to is himself....