Lord Lucan's watch found in South African township

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by velcrostripes, Feb 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lord Lucan's watch found in S African township :

Lord Lucan: Timepiece found in South Africa could hold clue to what happened | Mail Online

Is this proof that he did get away and settled in Botswana , or merely a deception ploy to divert attention in that direction ? Interesting that the watch is found shortly after the TV programme claiming the kids used to fly out to be seen by him there was aired by the BBC.

I wonder if he has been in the UK all along , or possibly nearby , like Paris or the South of France ?

2. I watched that program. Found it quite interesting. That is all.

3. Was Shergar wearing it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doesn't prove anything really. John Stonehouse went swimming in Miami & they found him Australia.

5. He obviously had a better canoe than that other bloke

6. True. Maddie was lifted in Portugal, but she's now in my cellar.

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Doesn't surprise me in the least. A snide Patek Philippe is just what one would expect the denizens of the Clermont Club to buy a chap. Somebody would have trousered the rest of the whip-round. Ghastly riff-raff.

8. Who's Lord Lucan?

9. Shergar's Jockey I believe.

10. Who's Shergar?

11. Glue maker

12. Thought he was Pedigree's Chum or Pal or some such

13. The watch strap has done rather well for 38 years in Africa.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Why do you feel the need to post the same thing repeatedly on different topics instead of starting your own topic? You're beginning to look like a serial spammer!

Spam.jpg

15. A horse Lord Lucan liked to ride.